Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replacing Old Style Rotary/Strike Post Door Latch/Lock

Hey there, I'm trying to figure out how to place the old rotary latch/strike post style doorlock on my Minnie Winnie, the inside handle snapped off and now I have to use a pair of vice grips to open and close it from the inside. The problem is, no one seems to make that style of door latch any more, and I'm not sure how to upgrade it to a new style, barring getting the angle grinder out and making some creative adjustments. Just wondering if anyone had done this conversion before and if they had any tips, the only other option I could think is to basically replace the whole door, or at least the jamb and the outer part of the door itself. The problem of course is new style locks have those tabs that extend into the jamb to lock, and my door has these two claws the lock around a strike post.

Let me know if you got any ideas! Thanks!
Mookychew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Mine is the same style with the post on frame. It's all in good condition but I'd like to replace it with a keypad or key fob type.

I'm open to recommendations.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door