Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Replacement Screen Door Handle Latch (Right) 2019 29ve

Has anyone had trouble with the adjustment of the Screen Door latch on Vista / Sunstar 29ve?

I broke my right plastic screen door handle, it had caught and door would not open without some force. Only the handle broke.

Is there some other better method to secure screen door to main door and hold screen door shut when released to have main door open?

The screen door parts detail is not working on Winnebago site, so they say they will try to get it fixed. Dealers say the have some standard parts, but I don't know that they will fit my 2019 Sunstar 29VE?

Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Will bounced this as I am surprised no one has had issue with Screen latch?

I still have not been able to get P/N from Winnebago. They were getting the same 404 error I was seeing and they was trying to look it up on other models because they believed it was the same part?

The dealers say they have some aftermarket part. You can tell they don't seem to be interested to lookup part for Winnebago OEM?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211018_204354.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	181119   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211018_204409.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	181120  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 10-18-2021, 09:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Typed in “screen latch 2019 sunstar 29” on internet. Came up with e-bay and several other option with what looked like your item. Even had an upgrade option.

Ah.. I see you are looking for oem
None of the ones I saw had the exact molding
83Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Winnebagoparts.com…under resources…parts catalog…
Page 174 part number 132915-01-01a looks like the same mold shape though it is a drawing representation. Doesn’t say year or model on catalog site but I started the search on your year and model. Doesn’t look like option for left or right hand
83Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Itasca View Post
Typed in “screen latch 2019 sunstar 29” on internet. Came up with e-bay and several other option with what looked like your item. Even had an upgrade option.

Ah.. I see you are looking for oem
None of the ones I saw had the exact molding
Yes, the more I searched the more confusing it became. For a simple part, I didn't want to re-invent the wheel and I hope to find a part that would work with my existing door catches as to not have to drill new holes on the existing main door as well as the existing screen door, although I am not too concerned if two new holes are required on the existing screen door.

An upgrade option would be interesting because while I think the design is clever, it is prone to failure as a slight movement of the catch the wrong way can cause the screen door to not catch at all or to lock you outside. The latter is what happened to us a few times until it actually broke. In a way, I actually feel safer now that it is broke. I was hoping someone has solved this before with a better solution to fit the 29VE Sunstar or new of what oem part I needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Itasca View Post
Winnebagoparts.com…under resources…parts catalog…
Page 174 part number 132915-01-01a looks like the same mold shape though it is a drawing representation. Doesn’t say year or model on catalog site but I started the search on your year and model. Doesn’t look like option for left or right hand

Not sure how to get to your path of parts catalog?, but when I navigate the site, I get the 3D Interactive Parts Catalog. However, The link to the door parts detail gives you a 404 error. I called Winnebago and they get the same error. They could not give me the part number and stated they would try to get the site updated with the info, it has been a week and I still get the same error.

Even so; I searched 132915-01-01a and it shows old out on ebay https://www.ebay.com/p/682901270

But it does show as Ventline... which traced to this part on Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Ventline-D0323.../dp/B00NUKY74C

It looks like the exact part I have but it is not available on Amazon either

Make me wonder if they have had issues? I will keep searching, but I would think this to be a very common part even if it had issues. In fact; the more issues the more availability of the part or it's preferred replacement?

All help is greatly appreciated as I have a few new leads thanks to your input.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just replaced this part on my 2005 Winnebago. The part was ordered thru my local dealer. The people at Winnebago were great in helping me find this part. Maybe this will help.
Here is the part number that I ordered. 132915-01-01A, Winnebago have these in stock. It cost me a little over $30.00 with shipping direct from Winnebago.

To me yours looks just like the one I ordered. It is a Ventline part, Here is a website with the picture of the part I ordered. You can see the part number on this website also.
https://www.desertcart.co/products/9...een-door-latch
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I think maybe you got no response because everybody is sick of the thing!!!
Yes, I have had to fight many times to get the tricky little thing to latch just right and still open right. But then I also find it is a very common part that I've fought with on a number of different rV, so maybe the better way to avoid pauying more for shipping then the latch is to take it off and walk it into a local shop. I've got a feeling they have a box full of them handy!

My 2015 Vista door was not very close fitting and getting the fixed part of the latch right, took adding about a 1/4 inch of shim to make it catch and then the alignment was really tricky to get right! There's gotta be a better way?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
I just replaced this part on my 2005 Winnebago. The part was ordered thru my local dealer. The people at Winnebago were great in helping me find this part. Maybe this will help.
Here is the part number that I ordered. 132915-01-01A, Winnebago have these in stock. It cost me a little over $30.00 with shipping direct from Winnebago.

To me yours looks just like the one I ordered. It is a Ventline part, Here is a website with the picture of the part I ordered. You can see the part number on this website also.
https://www.desertcart.co/products/9...een-door-latch
Thank you as this confirms part number by 83Itasca as well.

I think I have no choice but to order thru a dealer. Thus far at the Dealer they immediately talked about another universal part; but it was $24; so I would hate to have drill new holes on a $6 gain.

In the picture, it is strange piece that mounts on the wall. I don't think that part would work in the RV, and I suspect that it is why the latch handle is prone for breakage due to wait Winnebago has it design to hold to the screen door closed.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I think maybe you got no response because everybody is sick of the thing!!!
Yes, I have had to fight many times to get the tricky little thing to latch just right and still open right. But then I also find it is a very common part that I've fought with on a number of different rV, so maybe the better way to avoid pauying more for shipping then the latch is to take it off and walk it into a local shop. I've got a feeling they have a box full of them handy!

My 2015 Vista door was not very close fitting and getting the fixed part of the latch right, took adding about a 1/4 inch of shim to make it catch and then the alignment was really tricky to get right! There's gotta be a better way?
Thanks, this post helps my sanity. At least I now know the Part Number. I could not get from Winnebago but granted; I only made one 25 min wait call for the thing

Kind of like that 6 amp breaker, Winnebago looks to be controlling the distribution of their parts; so you can only get thru a dealer thus the high cost. I think, I may have to order one thru my dealer to get something going and then try the walk in stores and look to see if I can find something that fits or better design. When it works it is perfect, but when it is slightly out of adjustment, it does not work at all or you almost have to break it to get the door open of you are outside.

But there is good news with this problem, It is within my budget
Old 10-20-2021, 05:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I am gonna roll the dice on this latch https://www.ebay.com/itm/154607888623

Their specs say 2.4" center top center on the holes and I measure 2.3" center to center. Seller says I can return if it does not fit. If it fits, I may buy a few more spares and be done with this issue.

I may still get the OEM from a dealer, but curious to see what happens when I am actually at a dealer to see what they say.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:46 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

It’s funny this post came up. I had a problem this summer. I ordered one from Amazon and it didn’t work. But I kept looking and got one that seems to be working fine (actually better than the original!).
GiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:52 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

This is the one I ordered for my 2019 Vista 29VE.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC4TG2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
It’s funny this post came up. I had a problem this summer. I ordered one from Amazon and it didn’t work. But I kept looking and got one that seems to be working fine (actually better than the original!).
If you can find the link or part number of what you ordered that worked, it would be helpful.

I ordered this one but still waiting to get it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15460788862...a95b2f1adcba20
My RV goes back to Dealership tomorrow and I will asked them, but I wish to find something that might be better.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:13 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
This is the one I ordered for my 2019 Vista 29VE.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC4TG2...ing=UTF8&psc=1
I believe it is the same one I ordered off ebay? Both say E295

It it fits, I will buy a spare as I only paid $11 bucks for mine. The OEM part is $30 so that option is still out there.

Thanks for the info. I am more optimistic now.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Has anyone had trouble with the adjustment of the Screen Door latch on Vista / Sunstar 29ve?

I broke my right plastic screen door handle, it had caught and door would not open without some force. Only the handle broke.

Is there some other better method to secure screen door to main door and hold screen door shut when released to have main door open?

The screen door parts detail is not working on Winnebago site, so they say they will try to get it fixed. Dealers say the have some standard parts, but I don't know that they will fit my 2019 Sunstar 29VE?

Any help or ideas will be appreciated.

I just replaced one very similar to this for my 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q. By all means, see what's available from Winnebago, but also check out Amazon. I ordered an exact replacement for about $15.00.

Like Moritch, mine took a lot of jockying around to make the handle work right - meaning better than it did originally.
Also took the time to make the main door latch better too.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
I just replaced one very similar to this for my 2016 Minnie Winnie 27Q. By all means, see what's available from Winnebago, but also check out Amazon. I ordered an exact replacement for about $15.00.

Like Moritch, mine took a lot of jockying around to make the handle work right - meaning better than it did originally.
Also took the time to make the main door latch better too.
We can buy the OEM for $30. This is PN of MFg https://www.desertcart.co/products/9...een-door-latch

But I can do that anytime. I am waiting on my part that I described earlier to come to see what it does. Looks like GiGi has exact same coach as I do and he has bought the same part with good results. I got for $11. If it works I will buy spares.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #17
2004 Minnie 29B

Looks like the same screen door latch that Winnebago has used for years. I have a hard copy of Winnebago's parts catalog (always nice to have). Part number is 132915-01-01A; Screen Door Latch, black. Drawing looks same as the unit that you posted. According to a Winnebago service bulletin dated Oct. 2017 This is a part that Winnebago recommends that their dealerships have in stock.
RV Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:52 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Tinker View Post
Looks like the same screen door latch that Winnebago has used for years. I have a hard copy of Winnebago's parts catalog (always nice to have). Part number is 132915-01-01A; Screen Door Latch, black. Drawing looks same as the unit that you posted. According to a Winnebago service bulletin dated Oct. 2017 This is a part that Winnebago recommends that their dealerships have in stock.
$30. My dealer does not carry but they will order. They stock some replacement for around $20. I have ordered my own replacement as posted above. We will see what it does, if it works, or if it is sturdier than OEM?

What ever I go with; I plan to have a couple of extras for future. I don't want to reward a known part that breaks by paying twice what it is worth and by buying two or 3 of them I want to at least try an alternative 1st.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
If you can find the link or part number of what you ordered that worked, it would be helpful.

I ordered this one but still waiting to get it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15460788862...a95b2f1adcba20
My RV goes back to Dealership tomorrow and I will asked them, but I wish to find something that might be better.
Good luck. I think the price went up on Amazon since I ordered mine in July. I did have to fiddle with it to get it to fit but it works great now. I think it’s much sturdier than the original too.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:50 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Good luck. I think the price went up on Amazon since I ordered mine in July. I did have to fiddle with it to get it to fit but it works great now. I think it’s much sturdier than the original too.
I got mine today. Unfortunately I got it after I just dropped the RV at the Dealership

I agree it appears to be a lot more sturdier, but not a perfect fit. I think it will work but the center of the two holes is slightly off 2.4" to 2.3". But for $11 it is great deal.

The Dealer knew I had one on order so they said they would get me the OEM for $20. I could probably cancel the order. I like the way the replacement is kind of curved so it may be easier to open the door?

I also may just get the OEM anyway to have, but if the replacement works; I would rather buy more of the replacement than the cheapo OEM

Tags
replacement, door, replace, scr, ace