Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2022, 05:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Replacement Interior Wedge Base LED bulbs

Several of my LED bulbs burnt out and need replacing. Existing bulbs say they are Gustafson #B7038, DC 12V, 1.8W. Other numbers shown are 140228 and 54503.
I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find an exact replacement. I have found some that are similar but not sure if they'll work.
Anyone have any feedback as to where I can find replacement bulbs. My rig is a 2015 Winnebago Vista 30T.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
tantonaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Picture of bulb and socket.

Here's a picture of my current bulb and socket that they plug into.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220912_172801.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	184140   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220912_173340.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	184141  

Old 09-13-2022, 09:03 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Seems like most any 921 base LED would work. Of course you would need to pick the brightness level and the color temperature that you want. Here is one link after a very brief search. If the huge link doesn't work, just search for a 921 wedge base LED

https://www.amazon.com/BRISHINE-Inte...41-spons&psc=1
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 09:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

As bones mentioned the amount of light (lumens) and color (kelvin) are two things that I look at and it varies a whole bunch from one person to anther so it is really hard to say what you will like best!
The only practical way for me to see going is to go to a store and try a couple! You may find that one bulb suits you better in one area while another suits better in others, so I would not stock a bunch until I found what I had. Online is not the way to go for this!

You may want a somewhat dim light in an area where you want light but not much like when watching TV? But lots of light in the bath where you shave or do the makeup?

Do you want warm light with a more orange tint or do you like the "hospital white" of really bright? That is the Kelvin rating with lwere (2700K?) being more orange and 5500K being brighter bluish tint. We go orange in the living and bedrooms and blue in the office and kitchen where we want to read the small print!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you both for the feedback.
I ordered the bulbs and they are due in tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Sometimes the only way to make progress is to start!
One big thing to be aware of, if this is a first for changing LED bulbs with this base is that they will fit in the holder backwards and not light!
Since lots of them are not marked in any way, about half mine get put in the wrong way!
If you get a bunch of bulbs that look like they are bad, try turning them around! LED do not work wired backwards!
Old 09-15-2022, 11:37 AM   #7
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Sometimes the only way to make progress is to start!
One big thing to be aware of, if this is a first for changing LED bulbs with this base is that they will fit in the holder backwards and not light!
Since lots of them are not marked in any way, about half mine get put in the wrong way!
If you get a bunch of bulbs that look like they are bad, try turning them around! LED do not work wired backwards!
What are the odds of that…
Old 10-19-2022, 07:43 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I'm also searching for replacement bulbs like yours. Mine are warm light and I want a brighter light. What I bought does not have the plug matching what the above looks like. They fit the socket but flicker badly. Searching by the name and number on the bulb comes up zero; could only purchase one thru Winnebago at $15 a bulb!! What did you wind up buying/doing?
Old 10-19-2022, 07:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

If you live near a lighting supplier sometimes it pays to take one of yours and pay them a visit, they will hook you up with the correct base and usually their stuff is high quality as they deal with contractors who can't afford callbacks for failures. They also know all about color temperature and color rendition and can show you samples and can identify a base at a glance. I didn't want cheap bulbs in my rig and I went to our commercial lighting supply and got the best in the color temp I wanted, 3,000K. Sure they were $7 each but well worth it IMHO.
Old 10-19-2022, 11:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macevir View Post
I'm also searching for replacement bulbs like yours. Mine are warm light and I want a brighter light. What I bought does not have the plug matching what the above looks like. They fit the socket but flicker badly. Searching by the name and number on the bulb comes up zero; could only purchase one thru Winnebago at $15 a bulb!! What did you wind up buying/doing?
This is one which I find it pays to go to E-bay as they are so cheap that ordering a few is okay even if I guess wrong the first time!
I find them in the 85 cent range, so I can throw out a bunch if wrong and still be ahead of buying local!

Some things to think about is the base and how the light is wanted. I would call that base a T10 wedge base as it is "wedged" into the contacts! T10 is the size of that wedge.
Then it looks like this OP wanted the light to all go in one direction (down?) versus going all around like a lamp might use. So you want the LED all mounted on one side to shine in that direction?

You are not likely to find the lumens stated on LED, so one way to consider how much light you will get is first the number of LED in the array and also the size of those LED. Six LED of the same size will give less light than nine or fifteen.
But also consider the size of the LED as a 3030 will give less than a 5050. The numbers are width and length of each individual LED. Bigger numbers will be bigger LED and give more light.
That also means there will be decisions to make on whether to go with 9 3050 LED or 15 3030???? I have to look at it and maybe not have a firm answer anyway!

That is where I'm willing to go with just a bit of trial and some errors accepted if it is so much cheaper and the quality seems the same as most electronics do not use components from any single country!

These are some which we use in places where we want white, bright light, 6000 K is operating room white, but not a lot of it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23441527953...Bk9SR6j89pH-YA

Or be a BIG SPENDER and buy one for 99 cents and not worry about shipping it back??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26320619327...Bk9SR6j89pH-YA

This is for ten with free shipping and return for $4.25, making each just short of 43 cents!! For the difference in price, I might try them and send them back if not happy!
Pass them out instead of candy on Halloween? They ARE lots cheaper than a candy bar!
Old 10-19-2022, 10:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

I bought all my LED bulbs from Amazon, cheapest I could find. That was 4 years ago, one has burned out, the rest are still OK. I think I bought a total of 3 dozen various bulbs and spent approx. $26 total.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:49 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE=Morich;3927762]This is one which I find it pays to go to E-bay as they are so cheap that ordering a few is okay even if I guess wrong the first time!
I find them in the 85 cent range, so I can throw out a bunch if wrong and still be ahead of buying local!

Some things to think about is the base and how the light is wanted. I would call that base a T10 wedge base as it is "wedged" into the contacts! T10 is the size of that wedge.
Then it looks like this OP wanted the light to all go in one direction (down?) versus going all around like a lamp might use. So you want the LED all mounted on one side to shine in that direction?

The bulbs are the same as what the original poster showed in his photo, flat with light directed out. I want to replace to a brighter light especially in the bathroom mirror area. The replacement that I bought (and mostly found) were round with "wires" on each side of wedge. I did look on E-Bay and didn't find the matching wedge; much like the links you sent. I don't mind spending a dollar or so on the bulbs, just that Winnebago's price of 15 for one was a bit much!
Thanks for your assistance!
Old 10-20-2022, 08:16 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

It sounds like this may be a place where lots of really bright light is needed/wanted?
This is a set of LED that I picked up "somewhere" and know nothing about where or what I paid but it must have been cheap!!
I'm too tight to buy anything expensive and not remember it!

The specs on these list LED as 48 SMD 2835. That is 48 Surface Mount Devise (just stuck on !)and the size is some of that metric mystery 28? X 35? !
So small LED but lots of them and the light all goes in one direction, so I think I remember these as being good for a ceiling light in a kitchen??

It looks like these are still the same but I did not pay that price or order them there?? I got them "somewhere"?
https://blackhawkledlights.com/produ...4-volt-rv-48-w

Long story is that if you want to Private message an address to me, I'll drop a couple of these in the mail and you can try them---real cheap!

My wife tells me the kids don't need all this clutter to clear out when we are gone!

Name:	IMG_4734.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	184491
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV TV setti9ngs_20221020_0002.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	907.5 KB
ID:	184490  
Old 10-22-2022, 07:08 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Thanks y'all! We are back home now and looking for the bulbs is a priority. My plan is to find a light/electrical type shop and bring a bulb in for assistance. And if that's a strike, buy the flat bulbs that Morich and tantonoras show. I will definitely get back with the results!

As always thanks for the input!
Debbie
Old 10-28-2022, 07:06 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Success- maybe

Our hunt at lighting and electrical shops for the light bulbs was a bust, so I ordered them off Amazon. They were finally delivered yesterday and I've got 2 installed. They fit into the "socket" but are a bit loose; I'll be curious if they jiggle out from traveling down the highways our next trip. Attached for reference are the bulbs together (original on right) and then installed.

Name:	IMG_1214.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	584.6 KB
ID:	184528

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	184529

Tags
ace, led, replace, replacement