Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Repl. for Coleman htr/ac thermostat

I have the black Coleman htr/a/c thermostat with the little tiny slide switches on the bottom for the heat, a/c, off/on, etc. and the up down arrows for temp settings.

Problem: those little slide switches on the bottom are annoying to slide as you have to have a good fingernail to hook onto the side of them to slide. (Drives my wife nuts) Does anyone know if there is a better unit out there that can be swapped with a "plug and play" setup? I mean, use the same wiring, etc.?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

i took cover off mine and gave the switches a little shot of silicone spray.
works real easy now.
dave

WORKHORSE W-22
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
I have the black Coleman htr/a/c thermostat with the little tiny slide switches on the bottom for the heat, a/c, off/on, etc. and the up down arrows for temp settings.

Problem: those little slide switches on the bottom are annoying to slide as you have to have a good fingernail to hook onto the side of them to slide. (Drives my wife nuts) Does anyone know if there is a better unit out there that can be swapped with a "plug and play" setup? I mean, use the same wiring, etc.?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
do a search of this forum. ims, there are a couple of thermostats that will work. some modifications will probably be necessary.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Search modmyrv.com
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I will try all your suggestions, but in the interim, this morning I went out and grabbed my silicone spray(sitting on my workbench not 10 ft from the moho, duh!) and removed the cover and the little switch covers and lubed them up; works much better now. Sometimes the simplest solutions are right there and I can't see them, my wife will attest to that. Thank you all.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
I will try all your suggestions, but in the interim, this morning I went out and grabbed my silicone spray(sitting on my workbench not 10 ft from the moho, duh!) and removed the cover and the little switch covers and lubed them up; works much better now. Sometimes the simplest solutions are right there and I can't see them, my wife will attest to that. Thank you all.
My controls are stiff too. How does the cover come off?
Deucenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

The cover just snaps on/off, just grab it with both hands on the sides or top and bottom and it will pop off. The actual switches have little covers on them, so remove those before you silicon.

Tags
thermostat