Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing plastic cover Below TV/ Amplifier

Any tips on removing the cover below the TV? I have taken the screws out off the bottom but seems to be held at the end below the TV screen. Are there screws there and if so how do you get at them? I trying to find the surround sound Amplifier which according to the prints should be around the drivers side of the TV. Have no sound from radio although radio has power. Also no surround sound from TV. There is power at the speaker switch. Any help would be appreciated.
colemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The surround sound amp is located. In the front storage compartment below the drivers seat. It also houses the electrical wiring & fuses.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Amplifier

Harry
On my unit there is nothing electrical in the front storage compartment on drivers side below the driver. There is only a storage area. Mine is a Freightliner chassis. Most fuses and relays are in a enclosure in the front below the windshield but no amplifier that I can see.
Thanks anyway. Appreciate your effort.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I also have a freightliner XC chassis. The amplifier is attached to the right side of the electrical breaker/fuse box in that front compartment. With regard to removing the plastic cover below the tv. In the cabinet on either side of the tv are 2 screws (on each side) that, when removed, allow the wood frame around the front of the tv to be removed, and the plastic bottom is screwed to the back of the wood frame. There is no amplifier in the cabinet with the TV, but there are 2 RCA connectors, on wires, that come out of the back of your tv's plastic case. These wires go to the amplifier. Send me your email and I will send you a PDF of the removal and installation of a flat panel TV
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

On my Journey the plastic cover and the wood are attached. The plastic cover it is attached to the wood by screws that you cannot access until the cover&wood are removed. When replacing you might consider replacing the screws that hold the plastic to the wood with velcrow. I haven't done it but will do that next time the cover is off. I read this suggestion somewhere on this site.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

amplifier

Iwasouth
Thanks for your response. The amplifier is in the front compartment where the fuses and relays are, right hand side facing the coach, inside or outside the fuse/ relay box?
Is it the black box left side facing the coach outside the fuse compartment behind the heater hoses?
Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

My amp is under the drivers left carpeted footrest. Bitch to get to if you are my size and can't fit between the seat and steering column.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote