Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2019, 10:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Removing CRT front TV 2003 Itasca 34HD

New to the forum seeking all of your collective wisdom
Working on removing the front CRT TV and not being very successful. I did see a few treads but they were not a specific as needed. I have an Itasca 34HD Horizon. I have removed the screws from the plastic shroud on the top, still doesn’t seem to want to come off to access the main supports. I’m not finding any other bolts, screws, or fasteners? Please let me know if you have any ideas or experience with this unit.
Thanks,
Bart
Blkbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

No experience but looking at the pictures, it would be my guess that one would need to access the back of the TV from one of the side compartments. Any access panels in those which could be removed?
If not from the side, the next thought would be to remove the panel from below the whole cabinet.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This is how it's done on my 2005 Vectra--I'm pretty sure it should be the same (or very similar) on your 2003 Horizon.

You need to remove all of the screws holding the plastic pan under the TV (screws accessible after popping off little covers over each one)--also a good idea to cover defroster vents with a towel so you don't lose anything down the vents. The lip of the plastic will probably still be attached to the wooden faceframe with some screws from inside that aren't accessible until the whole thing is down. [Sounds like you may have gotten this far.]

You also need to remove the center sunvisor if you have one.

If you have a small speaker above the top of the TV that needs to be removed as well. Pop off the grill and then there are a few screws to remove the speaker (make note of the wiring connections before removing them).

The wooden faceframe is held in with a couple of screws into each side through the inside wall of the adjoining cabinets. They're black on black, so you may need a light to see them. Once those are removed the whole faceframe and attached plastic pan should tip out a bit at the top an then come down and off.

The TV itself is held down with a bar across the top secured with a large bolt on either side. There's also probably some sticky foam under the TV holding it in place as well. The tube TV is QUITE heavy--I would recommend having someone else available to help lift it down (after unpluging the power and wiring from the backside).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Got it

Thanks so much for the extremely thorough description and details. I finally got it out, what a chore!
Thanks once again, much appreciated,
Bart
Blkbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Just fyi, here's an old thread describing my front TV upgrade: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
Peaceful Explorer

A TV replacement I did last year...
http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...6m-351119.html

Tags
itasca