Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Remove Dog house - 1996 Adventrer

Hello. How do you remove the dog house on a 1996 Adventrer? I want to change the plugs.
Rhyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

hello. I have a 94 Itasca sunrise. not familiar with a adventurer . i had to recently remove mine to see if it had a second fuel pump by the motor. it seems you have no visual latches (with is the case with mine) or you might not have posted. I had ( we) to pull up the carpet around the edges to see what was holding it in place. what we found was the doghouse was fastened in place by large rivets. we had to drill the rivets out and were then able to remove the doghouse. not sure if this is how my model came from the factory because i am the third owner and one of the previous owners seemed to be a fan of rivets due to the various mods throughout the RV. are you the first owner? due to the age of your RV I'll wager it's be opened before. we are going to put latches on it in the future so we don't have wage a war just to look at he engine. keep me posted, and pics of the results of your adventure may help others.
95winnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Rhyno...I have a 94 adventurer..my doghouse is held down with an Allen screw located at base of doghouse between seats.
TrailHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone. It does have the latch at the back. Even found the original wrench.
Royce
Rhyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello Ryno .I want to retrofit mine with a latch or latches for easy removal . do you have a picture of the latch at the back you could share?
95winnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
Hello. How do you remove the dog house on a 1996 Adventrer? I want to change the plugs.
Are you changing the plugs on a Ford or Workhorse Chassis? The Ford V10 in some model years in around the mid to late 1990's through the mid 2000's (I don't remember the actual year range) are very easy to strip out the threads for the plugs. Sorry, I don't remember the precise details of the plug problems.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent