Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Remote Locks out of sync

I just bought a used 2103 View 24J on Mercedes Sprinter Diesel Chassis. Great RV. But have been wondering why the remote key doesn't lock the coach door. Finally realized it does, but when I put the unlock button. So the Lock button locks the cab doors but unlocks the coach door. The Unlock button unlocks the cab doors but locks the coach door. Fun. Any ideas?
Hbdavenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The receiver is wired backwards would be my guess. Mine is a small black box distinguishable by the thin black antenna wire which will be lying loose around the box. I have a class A so it was more or less just stuffed up in the wiring harness near the stearing column. Not sure where to find yours.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

There is a Yahoo group that is only Navions and Views. Join it and ask the question be sure to tell them your year and model on sign on at the bottom. It is surely wired backwards. I haven't heard of that one.
13 View PG
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/View-Navion/info
irish65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

As I recall, the View system is just the stock Sprinter system with the coach door added into the passenger door circuit. The actuator in the door locks when voltage is applied in one direction, and unlocks when applied in the other. I bet you could remove the contact pins in the door jamb, flip it over and screw it back in. No idea how the previous owner wouldn't have noticed it, but that's irrelevant now, right?

The door actuator:

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On later models there are issues with the WBO added locking for the coach door overloading the Mercedes control module. There is a modification that should be done, and if it has failed, the module will have to be replaced by the Mercedes dealer AFTER the mod is completed.

Did you try locking the doors TWICE in a row? As in press lock, wait a few seconds and press lock again?

The Sprinter lock system was designed by escapees from the insane asylum and makes no sense. One press reverses the state of locks, but the second press finally gets them to all agree.

Charles
Old 06-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
On later models there are issues with the WBO added locking for the coach door overloading the Mercedes control module. There is a modification that should be done, and if it has failed, the module will have to be replaced by the Mercedes dealer AFTER the mod is completed.
Charles
That rung a bell....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/winn...ks-267488.html

Don't see what a "later model" is though, might include your 2013. My father-in-law's '08 has always worked just fine.

Must be more info out there somewhere...

Another thread. Mentions 2014 as the first year with the issue.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The 2013 do not need the modification to the door locks. The mod started in 2014. Turning the buttons around should work if the ground is in the center.
irish65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Only two buttons in the jamb, not three. Just two wires to the solenoid, you can just make that out in the picture above.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Solution Found

All,

Thanks for the all the comments, they have been helpful. I called Winnebago tech support who suggested the wiring to the actuator in the door jam might be backwards. It certainly seems logical, though that means it's was that way for the original owner since the bought it new, or at some point something was opened and replaced backwards. Hmm.

Anyway I'll give this a try this weekend. I'll send another update it this fix doesn't work. If it does then this threat will be done. Thanks again.