Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just read some info on this Rejex product that is suppose to be better than wax. has anyone used it and what kind of reviews thanks russ
olly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just read some info on this Rejex product that is suppose to be better than wax. has anyone used it and what kind of reviews thanks russ
olly72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Being a newbie owner I haven't applied it to my rv yet but I use it all the time on the leading edge of my aircraft wings. Get lots of bug splats from zooming around at 200mph. When I land I just take a wet rag and go over the wing then wait 2 minutes and wipe off the mess. Cleans great.

my 2 cents
G Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

hi olly 72,
i tried it on the windshield......the results weren't much better that plain old car wax. for me i didnt think it was worth the effort. it is kinda hard to rub off. i've been trying different things, next up i'll try rain x and see how that works

william gifford
05 bounder
wgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I use a product called Nano Wax made by Eagle One. It works great on the nose of the Coach including the windshield. After you apply it just use a wet Micro-fiber cloth and wipe the bugs off. been using it for 4 years now. Some bugs a stickier then others, but I like the way it works. The Micro-fiber cloths keep the hard stuff from scratching the finish. Works just like Rain-X
Wal-mart/Auto parts stores
Just my .02 cents
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have been using Rejex for the last 6-7 years on two different coaches, one non-body paint, and one body paint, and believe it to be the best product we have used.

Hope this helps.

Mike & Lisa
TheRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have never used it.

I do use Bounce ( the dryer sheets DW uses to make the clothes smell good in the dryer) and it will take bugs off. Wet the cap, or windshield, rub the bugs off with the Bounce sheet. No need to pre-dampen the Bounce sheet, as the residual water will be more than adequate. Some of those little "buggers," will need an additional finger rub to get off.

Rinse.

Cheers!
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRVGuy:
We have been using Rejex for the last 6-7 years on two different coaches, one non-body paint, and one body paint, and believe it to be the best product we have used.

Hope this helps.

Mike & Lisa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where's the best place to buy it, Heck I'll try something new once, twice if I like it! More then that it becomes a habit...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

I've been using Rejex for two years now. I first used it just on the front and rear caps. I really like the way it works on glass, rubber around the windshield, the paint, and the 3M film. My coach is 5 yrs old and folks at the campgrounds ask me about my "new" motorhome.

What really convinced me that Rejex is different is when I put it on my polished Alcoa aluminum rims. I used to polish them and then seal with Gel Gloss wax. In 3 weeks they would start hazing over. When I put Rejex on the rims, they did not haze over until the 5th or 6th month.

So now I use Rejex on the entire coach (except the roof). It does take longer to apply, but the results last much longer. I use 303 on the roof once every year or two.

When I was at the iRV2 rally in Branson 2007, I saw a member scrubbing the bugs of the front of his rig. I told him about Rejex. Another fellow came over and was listening in. He stated that he pays a crew put Rejex on bumper-to-bumper on his 45' Travel Supreme (my guess it was $700K rig).

I buy it on-line from the source CorosionX.com
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I used to use it but no longer do. It seems to work okay on paint but it didn't work very well for me on the DiamondShield clear protective covering on the front - which is where I needed it the most.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 AM   #11
paz
Winnebago Camper

I use Rain-X on the windshield. Not only does it repel the rain, it also makes bugs easier to remove.

As far as the front cap goes, I have Diamond Shield and don't like to use anything that may cause the film to deteriorate. The Diamond Shield web site does have an approved bug removal product listed, but I can't remember what it is.

On the front cap, I wet down a section at a time with plain water (hot water works best, but I usually don't bother), let it soak a few minutes, then scrub the bugs off with a micro fiber cloth. This works well for me if I clean the bugs off every time we stop (unless it's just a quick one-night stop) and don't let them sit to bake in the sun.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

diamond shield recomends bug magic for cleaning bugs from their product. jim.
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote