Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Rain gutter problem. The front rain gutter on my 2005 Vectra ended 1/2 way over the door entry awning on the passenger side and 1/2 way over the drivers side window on the drivers side draing roof water in the wrong locations. I went to camping world and bought the flexible self stick rain gutter (comes in white or black) and extended the front rain gutters all the way to the front of the coach. The water now does not run down both sides of the door awning as you enter. I will post a picture of it.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I uploaded the pictures of the rain gutter extensions. They are listed as "rain gutter" and "rain gutter2" in the photo section. Because of where the coach is parked ont the side of my home I could not get a good picture of the drivers side "rain gutter2"

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
kenbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I use small clothes pins on each of the 4 corners. Had one blow off once so now I wedge a small piece of metal rod between the ends of the clothes pins you squeeze, they've stayed on for quite a while now. I'm cheap.
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I ordered the gutter spouts today, the parts man at Lazy Days said they are actually made for Fleetwood RVs and they are probably available at any Fleetwood dealer. I asked him to send me two of each anyway. Thanks for the help. Hope they fit- otherwise it may be cheaper to get an RV that fits my new spouts than keep getting spouts for our RV.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

We should schedule a rally down at Lazy Days...

Then those of you that "don't" have a new coach could join those of us that do....

Sorry....you have to make your own payments..

Sure would be easier than waiting for them to mail the gutter extensions....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Kenbt,

What is the address of your pictures? I also purchased the gutter extension, and I'm adding it to my Brave. I didn't like the spout, because it doesn't help on the driver's door when you open it.

I'd appreciate seeing what you did.

Thanks

W8RLM - Bob
Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #27
Administrator Emeritus

Kenbt's pictures on IRV2 photo forum
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Just a note about these rain spouts. When you get them you will have to do a little fileing as I recall to get them to fit in the hole. I think they have a small flat tab on the shaft that we all had to file off. Not a big deal to do but when you get them you will see. Then a dab of silicone on the shaft and the back of the spout and they fit just fine.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:52 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Got my new spouts yesterday. Looks like they will do the trick just fine! Thanks for the info everyone, this should really help to eliminate some of that dreaded "black streak" on the sides of our RV.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:00 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Easyrider can you post the offical name and part number of the rain spouts so when I contact Lazy Days or whomever I can get the same ones?

Thanks,

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Looked at the black streaks on the Suncruiser and remembered this thread. For all of you that got the Fleetwood gutter extenders, did they fit, and are they doing the job?
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for bringing this one back to the top, I'm curious too.

I've also been looking at these from Prod-X
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem. What I did was buy that 10' flexible gutter that you get from camping world and cut it in half. I pulled off the gutter end and modified the flexible gutter to fit the coach long gutter. Then ran it level to the front end cap seal, where the front end cap and body adjoin. Then followed and adhere it down the windshield until it was even with the bottom of the windshield. I then installed and silicon the end cap of the gutter to fit the flexible gutter.

Now when it rains or when the air conditioner water flow, it never gets on the coach or drips in the way. It does look clean looking and seems to be part of the coach’s trim. A lot of times when the wind was blowing it would drip on my mirrors and have water all over the side of the coach. Been happy with it ever since I put it up.........
MrMudstud is offline   Reply With Quote