Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We purchased the Macerator Pump and are planning on installing soon. Does anyone have any idea about where I can tap a strong 12V source, other than the battery, to get this thing running?
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We purchased the Macerator Pump and are planning on installing soon. Does anyone have any idea about where I can tap a strong 12V source, other than the battery, to get this thing running?
Old 06-28-2008, 04:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

blucrabbie ....

Do you have a 12V "outlet" in your bedroom? If you do, determine the identification printed on that wire and follow it ... that should provide you with power to run your pump ...

Another source of power is the wire suppling power to your fresh water pump ... but that would mean that you should not run the fresh water pump and the macerator at the same time ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I ran a separate wire back to the electrical compartment, where you have the inverter and MOM relay housed. These are all directly wired to the battery on the other side of the coach. It should be at least a 12 gauge wire. I ran a 10 gauge wire. Make sure you fuse it at the source.

I tried hooking it up to the compartment lighting temporarily and the pump would slow down to much indicating too much of a voltage drop even though it is a 12 gauge circuit.

It gets all the power it needs with my current hookup as it is only a short run and then goes directly to the battery via the existing 2 gauge cable.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Project is 80% complete. Will post pics when done.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

On my coach, the black and gray dumps are about 3 feet from the generator. There is a nice fat wire right from the battery to start the generator. Make sure that you fuse it close to the pickup point.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I took #10 straight to the breaker panel. Don't want that baby stalling in the middle of it's task...

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Macerator Install

Well, here they are. Finally finished up Sunday morning. First picture was how the day started on Saturday. Wound up tapping power at the batteries since it was the shortest distance and easiest accessible route from the compartment for power. Wire was routed through existing channels over axle and and transmission. Crawled under coach and got greasier than a monkey! Never been that dirty!
Had to rotate the discharge connection to point downward for this to dump properly. That was easy after making sure tanks were empty.
The next image is placement of the pump in the compartment. (Note the single hose clamp.) When all was said and done and all clamps tightened, we had a leak at both ends! In the next picture, the wiring was easy also for the junction box. In the next picture is the connection at the house batteries.
After the leaking issue, called customer support and left message. Since it was Saturday, figured I wouldn't hear from them until Monday but they called back within 30 minutes. Was told to put Silicone on hose end at connection. We decided to make this thing more secure and purchased the new hose clamps from Lowe's.
So on Sunday morning, we installed the new hose clamps and added the silicone. We decided to let the silicone "cure" and will test the new clamps later on today. This will make things easier. Kind of proud of install.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Nice installation!
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks. We are happy. Just hope that the new hose clamps work. The guy at customer service said he would send a new hose if this does not work. We will see.
Hey sml, see the colors on my journey? Are these the same colors on yours?
Old 06-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blucrabbie:
Thanks. We are happy. Just hope that the new hose clamps work. The guy at customer service said he would send a new hose if this does not work. We will see.
Hey sml, see the colors on my journey? Are these the same colors on yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Appear to be same colors....paint is Imron, and I have blue and burgundy decals. I painted my mirrors with Dupont Centari to match the lower color.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote