Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Quality and Fit and Finish Questions

Hello Everyone!
We are still narrowing our search down. We know that we can't afford a Journey right now, unless we go quite a few years old. We could get a new or newer Forza and have looked at them, 36G is winning that style. The problem is we know that Forza is the entry level for diesels on Winnebago, and after walking thru one we went on to an Allegro RED and have to say the quality really blew the Forza away in our opinion. That being said our other choice in the Winnebago line is the gas Adventurer 38Q. This is the top of the line for gas coaches for Winnebago. Unfortunately we have not been able to go on one to actually see the build quality on this line. I'm wondering if we are looking at more of a Journey outfitting of materials etc?? The storage doors are ok on Forza but nothing to write home about. The Allegro RED are just as good as a nice set of cabinet doors in a home. So how about the Adventurer? I can get to a Journey very easy out here, so if someone really knows and can say that the Adventurer and Journey are comparable on materials I will make another stop to re-look at the Journey and compare it to a gas Allegro. Unfortunately we did not get the chance to do this at the Seattle RV show so hoping some of you can help out. Thanks! Dickson and Kathy!
dkdorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
Site Team

Quality and Fit and Finish Questions

I recently bought an Adventurer and the fit and finish is much closer to the Journey than the Forza. The quality of the wood finishing and electrical system and cab conveniences, in particular.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Looked at a couple of 38Q's. Fit and finish is nice, but then I owned two Winnies before the current bus and loved both of them. Thinking about a 38Q for the floor plan, but the shower just about killed it. Probably would have one by now if not for the shower and having to raise the bed to close the slide. Personally prefer queen beds so momma is a little closer. All in all, may still end up in one before all is said and done. Winnies are hard to beat for the money IMOP.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Agree on the queen. It cost extra to swap out the king! But worth it for the extra space on the sides of the bed.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The Journey used to be described by Winnebago as at the same trim level as the Journey so I suspect you will be pleasently surprised. Good luck,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
The Journey used to be described by Winnebago as at the same trim level as the Journey so I suspect you will be pleasently surprised. Good luck,
Sorry, meant the Adventurer was at the same trim level as the Journey.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:54 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Consider perhaps a used Journey such as:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-34Y-119169143
or
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...-34Y-117946615

We did 9 months of research before finding our 2011 34Y in January of 2016 - this model is before the Schwintek slide fiasco, floor plan is fantastic for 2 - 4, and the price is right. After driving various gas models in this size range, we kept going back to the diesel. This Journey Express is still an entry level DP, but fit and finish, while a step down from the high end, are certainly better than the entry level components we see today in new coaches. Right at 35', it is great in state and county parks - hard to find a good DP this short anymore. If you can get detailed service records and the seller checks out, a used DP may be your best bet - just my $0.02.
PackerPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality