Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2021, 05:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Putting out Slideout

I have LGI swintech slideouts. A fellow camper told me instead of pressing the out button and holding it he said that a tech at LGI told him to toggle the out button back and forth and on the seventh time keep the button depressed until the slideout is all the way out. Has anyone ever heard of this or should I just hit the button once and hold it until the motor stops ? Thank for the help.
Goneagain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 05:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

No have not heard of this. It is not documented anywhere in the slideout troubleshooting manuals that are downloadable from LCI..

There are two LEDs on the slide controller that provide error codes as follows:

During operation when an error occurs the board will use the leds to indicate where the problem exists. For motor specific faults the green LED will flash once for Motor 1, and two times for Motor 2. The red LED will flash from two to nine times, depending on the error code.

2. Battery drop out: Battery capacity low enough to drop below 6 volts while running.
3. Low battery: Voltage below 8 volts at start of cycle.
4. High battery: Voltage greater than 18 volts.
5. Excessive motor current: High amperage, also indicated by 1 side of slide continually stalling.
6. Motor short circuit: Motor or wiring to motor has shorted out.
8. Hall signal not present: Encoder is not providing a signal. Usually a wiring problem.
9. Hall power short to ground: Power to encoder has been shorted to ground. Usually a wiring problem.

When an error code is present, the board needs to be reset.

Energizing the extend/retract switch resets the board. Energize the extend/retract switch again for normal operation.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

There is a pushbutton "mode" switch on the revision C1 and newer slide controller by the two LEDs.

- if you press this button quickly 6 times then press a 7th time and hold, the controller will go into manual override mode. Manual override mode may allow you to bring the slide room in even if an error code is present.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneagain1 View Post
I have LGI swintech slideouts. A fellow camper told me instead of pressing the out button and holding it he said that a tech at LGI told him to toggle the out button back and forth and on the seventh time keep the button depressed until the slideout is all the way out. Has anyone ever heard of this or should I just hit the button once and hold it until the motor stops ? Thank for the help.
Your friend was probably referring to the procedure of syncing the motors for the slide where you move the slide out a little and move it back and forth if I remember correctly. LCI has some really good videos on YouTube.

If your slide goes in and out normally you are supposed to hold the switch until movement stops and then keep holding the switch for another 5 seconds, that goes for in and out. It is in your owner's manual.

Not sure what the answer in post #2 had to do with your question. It is however correct troubleshooting info.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Slide Operation

We had a slide get out of sync, so we took it to the local (100 miles away!) Winnebago dealer. They got it back in sync and told us one of the common ways for them to get out of sync was by stopping them before they were completely open/closed and stopped. They motors are designed to run until they meet a certain amount of resistance at the end of the opening/closing, and then shut off. If you only open them part way and stop, you run the risk of one motor shutting down before the other and getting out of sync. I would be afraid that toggling the switch could have the same effect.

Just our experience and the advice of our Winnebago dealer. By the way, we have a mobile RV repair man in our home town, and I had him check it out first. He wanted $1200 for the parts (two new motors) + labor. I checked on the price of the motors on line and saw that the actual cost was just over $200 each, not $600 each! Needless to say, I cancelled the appointment with him and drove the 100 miles to the Winnebago dealer, who got the slide back into sync without replacing either motor.

If you ever need RV repair in Moab, Utah, where I live, contact me before you arrange for a mobile repair and I'll tell you who to stay away from!

Tags
slide, slideout