Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The MH itself was never used except for some (7500) miles of travel to and from the Winnie plant in Iowa. It was purchased 9/06 and traded for a Winnie DP in 1/07. I was pleasantly suprised as I went through the motorhome in detail -- alone for 3 hours -- prior to the negotiation process. I found everything in new shape with the exception of the Microwave and a stain on the couch. Everything in working order and no signs of any repair work. The holding tanks were never used or dumped, the bathroom sinks and toilet still had the original sticky tags on them, the dinette still has the plastic under it and on and on.
When I drove it I thought that the haandling was suprisingly good contrary to what I have read on these posts -- there is a reason. I just could not find anything to negatively impact our feelings for making an offer.
After the purchase we got it home and started going through it and loading it with some newly purchased HW from CW. Still nothing negative. This was late Saturday evening so we had some cocktails in the MH with some local friends, played cards and decided to sleep in it while parked in the driveway.
Now the surprise -- this morning I decided to climb under it to see how difficult it would be do some of the mods I wanted to make over time. The previous owner has done all the mods for me except for the Kone FSD shocks. Installed were front and rear anti-sway bars, Davis Tru Track bar and an SS302. I could not believe it so I will be ordering the shocks this week and be done with it. The limited miles I drove it (22) was great with the exception of our concrete seams which seemed worse in the front then in the rear. It has Bilstiens on now which you all are saying are more harsh on absorbtion of seams and potholes.
So that is our story. I now have to wait for Vicki to retire before our traveling can begin so I have 9 months to stock her up.
Thanks for listening and I hope I did not bore you all to death.
Frank O.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The MH itself was never used except for some (7500) miles of travel to and from the Winnie plant in Iowa. It was purchased 9/06 and traded for a Winnie DP in 1/07. I was pleasantly suprised as I went through the motorhome in detail -- alone for 3 hours -- prior to the negotiation process. I found everything in new shape with the exception of the Microwave and a stain on the couch. Everything in working order and no signs of any repair work. The holding tanks were never used or dumped, the bathroom sinks and toilet still had the original sticky tags on them, the dinette still has the plastic under it and on and on.
When I drove it I thought that the haandling was suprisingly good contrary to what I have read on these posts -- there is a reason. I just could not find anything to negatively impact our feelings for making an offer.
After the purchase we got it home and started going through it and loading it with some newly purchased HW from CW. Still nothing negative. This was late Saturday evening so we had some cocktails in the MH with some local friends, played cards and decided to sleep in it while parked in the driveway.
Now the surprise -- this morning I decided to climb under it to see how difficult it would be do some of the mods I wanted to make over time. The previous owner has done all the mods for me except for the Kone FSD shocks. Installed were front and rear anti-sway bars, Davis Tru Track bar and an SS302. I could not believe it so I will be ordering the shocks this week and be done with it. The limited miles I drove it (22) was great with the exception of our concrete seams which seemed worse in the front then in the rear. It has Bilstiens on now which you all are saying are more harsh on absorbtion of seams and potholes.
So that is our story. I now have to wait for Vicki to retire before our traveling can begin so I have 9 months to stock her up.
Thanks for listening and I hope I did not bore you all to death.
Frank O.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Simply amazing. Sometimes it's a good thing when the sales people are ignorant. Congratulations again.

Also, this is the second good fortune new coach story this week alongside jtharley's nearly new and fully debugged Vectra. It's down right exciting to have good news like this in these forums.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Congratulations, may you have many happy memories and miles. Be Safe
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Great Find! Just goes to show Santa Claus can come anytime. Congratulations on a heck of a buy.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #6

Congratulations on buying the same unit as we have, and also living in the same great state!

Dont you just LOVE the opposing slides in the living area?

We also removed the Bilsteens (threw them in the trash) and installed KONI's all around....best thing we did....

No sway bars though....don't need 'em...

Ask if you have any questions on the 35A....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

FrankO could be that there is to much air in your tires giving you the harsh ride. Have the coach weight and it may require less air according to MFG's air pressure tables.
It will help with either shocks.
I have always looked under used coach get some real good deals that way salesman wouldn't know difference.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

FrontRangeRVer: I actually read a number of your posts and valued your opinion as you do live at altitude so your experience with the same setup is invaluable. I have already ordered the Konis and will install them this weekend if they arrive on time. I bought both front and rear but I think you said it was too difficult for you to install the rears or maybe that was someone else. I am now looking for a storage yard with security as good old convenants don't allow MH storage.

007: The funny thing is I did look under the chassis but I was looking for any signs of unusual repair. I think if I knew what I was looking for I would have searched them out better. You can only imagine my shock!! Felt like Christmas, Birthday and Father's day all in one. I feel that purchasing the Konis seems quite less expensive considering what I was planning.

Thanks for the welcome to all.
Frank O.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Franko:

Congrats on your rig! Sounds like you got a good one. It may have been me who posted that I installed Koni's on the front of my DP but let my RV mechanic do the rears. You may have a better time of it with the gas chassis. As 007 stated getting the rig weighed (after you load for travel) and adjusting tire pressure based on the tire manufacturer's load/inflation chart is highly recommended. However, you will love the Koni's.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote