Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2022, 08:56 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Everyone continues to try finding an alternative to Manus Bond, but what has to be remembered is that Manus Bond is not just a sealant, it is an adhesive (which is likely THE most important consideration). That joint, the way it is designed, really is in no need of sealant. It IS in need of adhesive. For those with white or black roofs, I see no need to re-invent the wheel, even though it is not the easiest stuff to work with. For those with painted roofs, my condolences.
Excellent point and summation.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #42
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
Everyone continues to try finding an alternative to Manus Bond, but what has to be remembered is that Manus Bond is not just a sealant, it is an adhesive (which is likely THE most important consideration). That joint, the way it is designed, really is in no need of sealant. It IS in need of adhesive. For those with white or black roofs, I see no need to re-invent the wheel, even though it is not the easiest stuff to work with. For those with painted roofs, my condolences.
My roof radius is dark brown, almost black, if my Proflex doesn't hold up I'll probably just go with black Manus.

Tags
roof