Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just took my brand new Sightseer to the dealer to have them install a satalite dish. I also asked them to check what is going on with the slide out. It sometimes will not go out or if it is out, it won't go back in. They say this is a known problem and it should be an easy fix. I hope so.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just took my brand new Sightseer to the dealer to have them install a satalite dish. I also asked them to check what is going on with the slide out. It sometimes will not go out or if it is out, it won't go back in. They say this is a known problem and it should be an easy fix. I hope so.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem that turned out to be the chassis battery was low.
jonny33v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Had the same thing with the kitchen, it need an adjustment. As they did the adjustment they ripped the floor so they also put in a new floor, after I got home and ran the slide 4-5X it went out of adjustment so it is back at this time; will see if they need to replace the floor all over one more time.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Don't know if this is your problem or not. But had a slide problem where HWH replaced one of the cylinders on warranty. But the tech there told me that anytime you start a slide, continue until either fully open or closed. Do not start to open or close, then go in other direction without full cycle. Even if you note that you might hit something on opening slide, tech told me to move MH to avoid obstruction, then continue to open to limit. same applies when closing. If not, the synchronization cylinder can/will get out of sync and the two (typically) pistons that move the slide in or out will get out of sync and the slide may jamb. Also when you go to the extreme he said to hold switch for a couple seconds longer to ensure proper pressure.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Well, I got the coach back from the dealer. The good news is the slide-out failed when the tech was testing it. The bad news is only failed once and he could not get it to fail again. They have the problem noted in my file and told me to bring it back if I have any problems. I hope I don't but I realize that I probably will have the problem again. My problem is when the slide-out is all the way out or in. If you push the out button when it is out (and stuck), the motor tries to move it out. When it is stuck in the in position, the motor again tries to move it in when you push the button. In both cases, when it is out, it would not go in. When it is in, it would not go out. After pushing the in/out buttons for a couple of minutes, the slide would start to work again.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you push the out button when it is out (and stuck), the motor tries to move it out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
isn't that what it is supposed to do?
are you saying when the slide is out it will not retract when you hit the rretract button? The hydraulic pump is working but nothing is happening? Is the resevoir at the right fill mark, is the return flow cap plugged?
edyttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have been trying to get the rear slideout to extend for about a week checked grounds like the book said, checked voltage at battery and at extend valve which was 3 volts less. talked to HWH techrep he sugested checking by switching the wires so the forward switch should extend tht rear slide and the rear switch the foward slide. I pressed extend on the foward switch and the rear extended.pressed extend on the rear switch and the foward extended extended. switched wires back and both work fine. I hate it when things fix themelves!
herbtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Update: I got the RV back yesterday, the service mgr. told me they could not adjust the slide, but when I looked at it, everything was lining up. I talked to the guy that worked on it and he started to give me a song and dance on how it was so hard to adjust and then told me he did tighten one bolt. The fool did not know that the one bolt is the adjustment that got everything straight. How do some of these people get by in life?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Well my slideout won't slide out again. The dealer said to bring it back and they will replace the "controller." I am glad thay are working with me. The only issue is having to take the coach back again instead of out on the road.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:47 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

As a last resort. A trip to Iowa and either HWH or Winnebago plant.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedLancer View Post
Noticed this post from years ago, seems like the slider problem has been around a LONG TIME for winnebago! Just bought a new 2015 42HD, same problems!
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartts View Post
Noticed this post from years ago, seems like the slider problem has been around a LONG TIME for winnebago! Just bought a new 2015 42HD, same problems!
If slide-out issues aren't the number one problem-child, it has to be close. On my model series, slide-outs use a plastic gear so it fails first before any further damage. But any part failure is a 'failure' so that the slide no longer will retract or go out. And always at the most convenient time, right? -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote