Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Privacy curtains

I have a 2005 Itasca Sunrise 38J and am looking to replace the front windshield privacy curtains. I got a quote of $240 for each curtain from Lichtsinn Motors.

Has anyone bought third party curtains (i.e. Camping World) at a cheaper price or has anyone come up with a different idea to replace the curtains?

Thanks
Bobg43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobg43
I have a 2005 Itasca Sunrise 38J and am looking to replace the front windshield privacy curtains. I got a quote of $240 for each curtain from Lichtsinn Motors.

Has anyone bought third party curtains (i.e. Camping World) at a cheaper price or has anyone come up with a different idea to replace the curtains?

Thanks
We are looking into having ours backed with a blackout material. Thanks for the thread. I will subscribe and hope to get ideas.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
trb
Winnebago Watcher

I am at a loss for a name, it was in my records for my 03 Endeavor.
A Company in Elkhart In. does curtains & pull down shades both, prices were reasonable. Try google or whatever for RV shades -Elkhart.
Among others they did them for Neumar.
If no luck get back to my reg E-mail as I have real trouble navigating IRV2.
[email protected]
11 Dutchstar
trb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Anyone find out info on this?
Plane nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

These guys are local for us, but they ship to anywhere. You might check them out and give them a call.

RV INTERIOR-RV Remodeling | AutoMotionShade | Dave & LJ's RV Interior Design | Shades | RV

Good luck!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We bought insulated household drapes at a yardsale for $1. My wife cut then off to length, then attached the fasteners from the old drapes to the new ones. Works for us.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We purchased material from Hobby Lobby (30% off) and black out material for the backing after the auto upholstery shop instructed us on the quantity we would require. Labor was $200 and they looked fantastic. 2 piece with velcro to join them in the center utilizing the existing hardware except new plastic eyelits.
jeryan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We had MCD shades installed in the cabin area (and throughout the rest of the motor home). The ones in front of the windshield are motorized and the sun-visors are no longer needed.

MCD SHADES
Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

We had our too thin white curtain replaced with MCD motorized day/night shades ...not cheap, but we really like them. Our coach came with Auto-motion sunvisors that were too small to do much good, and the driver shade fell apart several times WHILE I was driving ...yikes!. I used the wiring from them for the MCD shades. The MCD shades double as full width two part sun visors operable from the pilot seat.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I just ordered some textilene 90 to make an outdoor windshield cover. I want to block most of the heat coming into the windshield area. On my coach the windshield curtains are missing. However there are motorized carefree shades that extend down for privacy. I plan to cut textilene to window shape, have a magnet sewn into the fabric, and stick the magnet to the metal I epoxy to the windshield corners...wish me luck.
Plane nutty is offline   Reply With Quote