Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Prevent new floor scraping

I am putting down a vinyl plank floor in my 2004 31ft Minnie Winnie with the dinette and couch area being a slider. Originally had carpet. How can I prevent the slider from scratching my new floor?
rjbech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

When we replaced carpet for vinyl, the slideout did not give is a problem. It cleared the floor by 5/8" or so, However, being belt and suspenders kinds we stuck one of the self adhesive teflon furniture glides, went with 2 1/2" diameter, under each corner of the slide. Been mar free for well over a year now. Don't believe they actually touch the floor during extention/retraction.

Our EasyRest couch was a different story. The OEM hard plastic rollers did mar the vinyl. Replaced them with non-marring polyethelene casters. Sweet! Got ours at Harbor Freight, but any decent hardware store etc., has them. 2" size <$5 ea.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Check out this:

https://www.rvautoparts.com/013-4300...BoCkucQAvD_BwE

If you have the clearance, you may be able to use pieces of your vinyl planking as long as they have a non-skid backing. With both solutions, I'm not sure what the spacing should be, but I'd think every 3' or so would work.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I have sold flooring for 20 years. very familiar with vinyl flooring. many different kinds. There is the click together, and the self sticking and also glue down versions. the self sticking and glue down versions are thin (3.5-6mm) and the slides should clear floor easily because it is not as thick as the original carpet. you should have no worries. to be safe, use teflon type (magic sliders is one brand) to attach to sliding parts.
red rover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, vent