Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I took my m/h to a local diesel shop for servicing today and on the way over I put the driver's power shade down. Now it will only go up about half way. The motor isn't running and it doesn't sound any different.

Any suggestions? If removal required, how do you go about geting it out? Naturally it's the left one so the steering wheel is in the way for easy access.

Thanks in advance.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I took my m/h to a local diesel shop for servicing today and on the way over I put the driver's power shade down. Now it will only go up about half way. The motor isn't running and it doesn't sound any different.

Any suggestions? If removal required, how do you go about geting it out? Naturally it's the left one so the steering wheel is in the way for easy access.

Thanks in advance.

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 10-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Previous post is poorly phrased. The motor obviously runs when it goes back up to the halfway point then shuts off as though it has finsihed the cycle. It will go back down, and again about only 1/2 way up.

Winnie CS seems to think the motor has given up. Almost sounds like a limit switch (possible internal)to me. Does anybody know or have a better clue?

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Doug, I recall someone posting an adjustment on the end of the power visor. Seems to me he said to push the button to realign the shade/visor. I can't find his post now but I'll walk out to the MH and look.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The hyperlink is in DonavonP's reply to our posting title "Sunvisor". If I knew how to link that posting in I would.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHIPPYSGT:

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look here HERE

Read all the posts to the end - should help

PHESPE
PHESPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PHESPE:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CHIPPYSGT:

Thanks in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look here HERE

Read all the posts to the end - should help

PHESPE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for retreiving this. I'll adjust mine tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick response. I haven't gone outside yet to try the fix but I'm sure that will do it as the sypmtoms are exactly the same.

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The yellow button did the trick. Goes all the way up and down as it should!!!

Thanks for saving me hours of tearing it apart and still probably not getting it fixed!

'05 Meridian 36G
Old 10-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

For future reference in your manuals bag, there is an instruction sheet posted on my web page at http://www.mindspring.com/~afchap/RVTravels.htm ...scroll down just a little to the "Lessons Learned & Tip Sheets" and click on the link for "Power Sunshade Adjustment." My '03 has shades made by Automotion Shades in Canada. I think newer ones might be by Carefree, but I think the adjustment is similar. It took me awhile to learn that the limit switches do "lock" in the depressed position, then will "release" when pressed again ...sure easier than trying to explain to the DW exactly what I need her to do on the power button while I am tangled up on the dash pushing a limit switch!

That said, when I had problems with my driver side shade several times suddenly being way out of adjustment (it even fell totally out of the brackets while I was driving a couple of times) I eventually discovered it was because there was a small piece missing from the motor shaft that would keep the shaft from turning in the bracket. I had to compare the driver side to the passenger side to finally figure out what was wrong. Your shade didn't get way out of adjustment by itself. Either someone removed it from the bracket and put it back in wrong, or it somehow "slipped" in the bracket. If the brackets are like mine, a small hinged piece lifts up on the motor end (where the wiring is), and the shade slips right out.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Paul,

Thanks for the link and diagram. I've printed it and in the "bag" it goes.

'05 Meridian 36G