Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I noticed today after some very heavy rains that there was a bit of water puddling in my exterior bay that holds the power reel and the inverter. The coach was not going down the road so the water must have just ran in from the side of the coach.

Anyone else have this issue and know of a quick fix.

Thanks.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I noticed today after some very heavy rains that there was a bit of water puddling in my exterior bay that holds the power reel and the inverter. The coach was not going down the road so the water must have just ran in from the side of the coach.

Anyone else have this issue and know of a quick fix.

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

There's a channel under the driver's side bedroom slide that is supposed to divert water running off the open slide - kind of a gutter. If it's messed up, it can leak into the electrical bay (or alternatively into the bedroom floor!).

The only ongoing complaint I have about our 36RD is that it seems to have very random issues with wet bays. We've been fighting with the bay in front of the battery compartment for 3 years - it's better, but not fixed.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem which was noticed after I drove the coach home thru rain from Mass. The local dealer took a very bright work light, put it in the bay and closed the door. They then found where the seal under the coach (below the slide) showed light coming thru the seam. They used a expanding foam on the outside to seal it and then no more water.

I see the "trough" so to speak above the electric compartment door and it certainly looks normal. I was hoping there was an adjustment to the lift that would tighten it so it had a snug fit.....guess I'll just keep looking.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I get a bit of leakage around the 'power' door on mine as well. It looks like the door isn't sealing fully, but I haven't had a chance to track it down. At least the upper part of the door seal for this door meets up against a flat sheet metal panel with more give to it than the other doors and that seemed like it might be a factor.

As far as leaks in the other compartments next to the wheels, the wheels throw up a lot of water and even the tiniest leak will end up with a good bit of water getting into the compartments. We had this trouble with the compartments in front of the left front wheel and right rear wheel.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We have the same issue with our 02 Journey in heavy rains when the bedroom slide is deployed. If our coach is sitting at the right angle, during heavy downpours, we have a major leak coming in at the left of the slide, (standing facing the motorhome) into the bedroom.
porscheracer, where is this "gutter" located?
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blucrabbie:
porscheracer, where is this "gutter" located? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Underneath the slide - where it joins the chassis. On mine, one end had gotten crimped and water was puddling in it.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote