Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-18-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Lightbulb Power line Electrical Management SYS

Just wondering if anyone can help with an issue on my Powerline system.

Itasca 2010 Ellipse.

First every thing seems to work just fine and correctly on Gen power

However if I understand this correctly when plugged into 50 amps all of the green load lights should be off. This was the case until our last camping trip. Now the Load lights are on except for the top one. We have been in 4 different parks and this is now the norm with 50 amp hook up. To my knowledge all systems are powered up and running fine.

Any suggestions to what could cause this.

thanks

Dave
Dfurnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
aa1ssradio

No . . . The green lights on means that load is operating. When plugged into 50 A service they should all be on.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum.
The load lights should all be on. The Power line turns off power in order from top to bottom of the list. So, if your ems is functioning correctly, the top light being off means the ems has turned off the power to that device.
Now, with that information in mind, try turning all 120 appliances off and if the top light still isn't lit, you probably have a burned out bulb. Or the ems is malfunctioning.
Hope this helps.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Power line Electrical Management SYS

Welcome to the forum.

I had a situation when I had my W/D removed from my MH. I thought it would be prudent to flip that circuit breaker off. The EMS didn't like that and acted as if I was on 30 amp or Generator even though I was on 50 amp. Have you checked to see if one of your circuit breakers are off?
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I had a situation when I had my W/D removed from my MH. I thought it would be prudent to flip that circuit breaker off. The EMS didn't like that and acted as if I was on 30 amp or Generator even though I was on 50 amp. Have you checked to see if one of your circuit breakers are off?
Cliff
I am in storage at this time but when I am out on next trip will check that out. As I stated with Generator all lights work and all appliances. When we were on 50amp power all systems were operating just the top light was out. It was my understanding from a manual that with 50 Amp there would not be any lights on. On 30amp I see it shed based on what is running. I will check fuses and try to reset the system

Thanks for your advice. Will post out come when we are out again
Dfurnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Looking forward to your update.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:03 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2010 Journey, same EMS as you. When plugged into 50amp power, the top light on left (for Generator) should be out, second light down on left, should be on (indicating 50amp). On the right, all lights should be lit, showing there is available power for all the circuits. With 50amp connected, you will not see the amp numbers displayed. All other connections, gen, 30, and 20amp, will display amp numbers.
When you are connected to 30 or 20 amp, on the left, the appropriate light will be lit, and the lights on the right will be lit if there is power for that circuit. When on 20amp, hit the switch to light the 20amp indicator. With 30amp and especially 20amp, those lights on the right side will be interesting to watch, at the system does its job and move the power around.
When running on generator, you should have all the lights lit on the right side, and the amp numbers will also display.
There have been times in the past, where our system did not seem to work properly. The solution I found, was to disconnect shore power and turn off the coach 12v power entirely for a minute, letting various onboard computer chips reset. Then turn on the 12v coach power again, then reconnect shore power. This 'rebooting' the systems has helped with occasional hiccups from slide and levelers controllers as well.

Tags
electrical, power