Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Possible water leak 2011 Journey 40U

I have a 2011 Journey 40U. Recently noticing wet carpet (about 12 diameter). Its located at the point tile of hall meets carpet of bedroom. first thought it might be wet from dog pee but have ruled that out. Can suck up all water, get it almost dry and next day wet again. I imagine there is a very small leak in a water line but cannot see anything from underneath.

I'm thinking I might have to pull up carpet and wood floor to locate but before that looking for advice.

Thanks in advance. Wet in SC
Rgreen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would first look for places like shower, stool or other items might have leaks in the water lines. Water tends to seep out around the bottom of shower doors as an easier one to look over and fix but there are also connections behind walls which can run down and soak out into carpeting. I would look for those first as water can soak in for a long time before it shows underneath.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info. I am trying to isolate cause. First step I've taken is to turn water off from main connection. I am going to use tank water to see if that makes any difference.
Rgreen44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

....did you find the issue? I did not notice any updates from 2-2. With location of your sink in half bath, and show on curbside, I'd start by checking lines into the sinks, just wipe with a paper towel; same for p-traps of sink. I had a toilet valve leaking, but only when flushing...water was dripping from the valve, then down supply line on the backside of the toilet.
Old 02-20-2020, 03:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I don't have the exact floorplan, but we have some similarities in our Adventurer 38Q. We had a similar problem and eventually saw that it only happened when the unit was in use and a day or two after a rain. (It was never wet when it was stored with slides in.) It turned out to be a slide seal adjacent to the shower. Water would pool under the shower and would eventually seep under the tile till it ended up in the hallway. It took a very long time to make the right connection and determine what was happening. To convince myself that was the problem, I taped plastic from top to bottom near the suspected seal. We were on a long summer stay in one location, so I could leave it there. With the plastic in place we went 3 months without water in the hallway.
RTrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We had a similar problem on our 36' Itasca Horizon with periodically wet carpet near refrigerator & discovered drip tray top of inside fridge drain hole was plugged with food debris & whenever fridge would go on defrost cycle water would run down inside & out wetting carpet. Took 2 years to figure cause of wet carpet. I attached a piece of clear plastic over grain hose in back of fridge & out of vent. Then I can see if water is being drained from drip tray. Also I can blow air into hose to ensure it does not blocked again.
jeanbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
Is it on the same side as your fridge? The over flow drain for our ice maker was"tucked in" by accident and soaked our carpet. Might check the fridge drain pan, if you have one as well.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoders2Go View Post
Is it on the same side as your fridge? The over flow drain for our ice maker was"tucked in" by accident and soaked our carpet. Might check the fridge drain pan, if you have one as well.
Will do when weather gets above freezing & rig is operational.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Refrigerator Leak

Will do when weather is above freezing & rig is operational for the summer. Presently in bed for the winter.

Tags
journey, leak, water, water leak