Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Poor placement of chair

We've go a Vista 26P with the booth and the small swivel chair behind the front passenger seat for living accomadations. Anyone here got any ideas of how to remove the swivel chair and it's mounted to the floor base and fill in the area of removal. I'd like to put in somethin that can be moved as needed including if possible a small recliner. Not only is it poorly placed, it's to close to the passenger seat, it'a not centered on that short wall and it's not really comfortable.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Those chairs do look like an afterthought, don't they? Mine's not particularly comfortable either. The base of mine just has a piece of carpet that can be lifted up and underneath it are the fasteners. The fasteners to the seatbelt are already visible. I've thought about what to replace it with and the best I've come up with is a small bench with storage underneath. It'd be a good place to sit down and kick off your shoes. I've seen others replace similar furnishings with full backed office chairs, some secured to the floor, some not. Some of those office chairs can be quite comfortable and compared to similar RV chairs, they're inexpensive.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Chair comfort.............One of my pet peeves. I can't count how many uncomfortable chairs/seats I've found over the years. I'm 6'2" and the DW is 5'2", but we have found a few that fit both of us well. I guess that ergonomics is a few notches above rocket science on the engineering scale?

I'll bet that somewhere there is a comfortable chair built by The Romans.........

Maybe someone can just copy it?

Getting back on subject. What do you mean "Fill the area of removal"? Floor covering? Screw/bolt holes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
...I guess that ergonomics is a few notches above rocket science on the engineering scale?...
Truer words...
Old 06-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Site Team

I just got the new 26HE version of your RV, and had the same exact thought! I looked online and found this chair that I think will fit there, but want it to look good, like it came from the factory that way...would appreciate opinions!

http://www.amazon.com/Motorhome-Swiv...dp/B002ILF1L2/
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Site Team

I was also wondering if there is a way to get the actual Winnebago euro recliner that comes in other models of the Vista and Sunstar...can you do that?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I just got the new 26HE version of your RV, and had the same exact thought! I looked online and found this chair that I think will fit there, but want it to look good, like it came from the factory that way...would appreciate opinions!

Amazon.com: New Tan RV Motorhome Swivel Recliner Captians Chair: Home & Kitchen
That two star review is not very encouraging. She's the only reviewer that delineates a time line of ownership.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I was also wondering if there is a way to get the actual Winnebago euro recliner that comes in other models of the Vista and Sunstar...can you do that?
Thanks, I found the Winnebago euro recliner on line Winnebago Motor Homes - 2013 Journey - Euro Recliner
They probably want an arm and a leg, but I'll check with the dealer next week and see what the cost will be. Will be checking other options as well but will pay close attention to the reviews.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #9

My 2013 Thor Palazzo has on of these chairs behind of the passanger seat and it is not designed for use under way (no seat belt). There is a lock to keep it secure and can be removed to allow the chair to be placed in a different location. What my DW and I do is rotate the driver & passanger seat around (180 deg) and place the chair between the two, it makes seating for three people across the front. We have a small sofa table that we place against the wall where this chair normally sits. We like this arrangement...it works for us.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We have a goofy chair not in the living room but in the bedroom. Tried to talk DW into replacing it with a hamper so we could free up space in the closet where the dirty clothes go now. She does sit in there to read a book once in a while though.

Most of the time it's only function is to hold the bedspread and throw pillows from the bed at night, something a hamper or some kind of storage shelves could handle.

I'm 6'2" and could never sit in the thing. It would be like trying to get a moose in a high chair

Fortunately if we do decide to remove it there is just one wing nut type bolt holding it down.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
Site Team

Mustang652, I'm really interested in what you hear from your dealer about the euro recliner...my guess also is that they will want an arm or a leg...or both!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

$285.00 Factory Rv Surplus
$299.00 Ebay
$300.00 Rv Parts Nation
All of these come with the ottoman
WhenIm64 is offline   Reply With Quote