Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

bigenna & Tom,

Follow up - March 15, 12, I had my appointment with RV Stripes and Graphics in Mesa, Az. I call them last December after reading your recommendations. They came right to my site in the RV park and took the necessary photos and measurements. They then advised me that rather then make a special trip to their shop, I could wait until I was heading home. I gave them a deposit and then three and one half months later, I arrived at their shop at 0830 hrs, as previously arranged. My wife and I went for breakfast, returning at 1130 hrs. and the job was finished. They had to remove the old decals and install the new ones on one side of the RV. Everything went as stated and the job was great. They will also retain all the data for future reference in the event that I require decals on the other side.
Based on my experience with RV Stripes and Graphics, I would also recommend this company.

Thanks, Knightly
Knightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Hello All, the graphic on my 2000 Adventurer were in sad shape. I have a friend that runs a sign company,they scanned the colors so to match and made all new stripping. A plastic putty knife a heat gun and some cleaners and the new stripes went on and look great.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I have changed out the front decals and two on the driver side and everything went pretty smooth....Have to be real careful when pulling backing away from decal...I followed the instructions I found on the net. I used the 3M eraser and it worked great.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to J&SW
Decals

Our decals are getting pretty bad on the storage sun side. Faded, cracking and peeling. I'm curious as to cost for either replacing the decals or replacement paint options. Let's say full decals all around, 35' MH for example. And what about full body paint option? I expect that is way out of range, but what would it cost from an independent painter?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&SW View Post
Our decals are getting pretty bad on the storage sun side. Faded, cracking and peeling. I'm curious as to cost for either replacing the decals or replacement paint options. Let's say full decals all around, 35' MH for example. And what about full body paint option? I expect that is way out of range, but what would it cost from an independent painter?
At our dealership, we had to replace a couple of decals. The price was out of sight. If you can find a painter, It will be much cheaper. We found a co. that painted the stripes on for three hundred dollars. (that was with us prepping the motorhome.)
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #26
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2k 35U Adventurer also. Decals are deteriorated, especially along their edges. What is the best way to remove the whole decal, not just the ragged edges?
Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Whoopie, I used a plastic putty knife and a heat gun. Be very careful with the heat. Heat a little and scrape off, when your finger tips get hot pull back on the heat. Good Luck.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMFEN View Post
Knightly
I had the stripes replaced on our 2002 Brave last year at

RV Stripes & Graphics
10849 E Apache Tr
Mesa, AZ

Ph# 480-984-7939
877-902-5161

They did an outstanding job on the MH. We kept the same design but changed the color scheme, the MH looks better now than it did when new.
Since you are in the Mesa area if I were you I would go and talk to them.

Tom
I have a 2001 Brave 30W with bad decals. Can you give me an idea of the cost to have yours done?

Thanks.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadd View Post
I have a 2001 Brave 30W with bad decals. Can you give me an idea of the cost to have yours done?

Thanks.
Dadd,
I think it was in the neighborhood of $2,000. The actual charge was less than the quote since I had him leave the "Brave" and "Winnebago" decals off, also changed the colors to be different from the originals.

Tom
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Decal Replacement

TomFen,

Thanks for your information. I emailed RV Stripes & Graphics and asked them for a ballpark figure. Here's what they said:

"Pricing varies greatly depending on the model, length and type of factory graphics. For the decal "kit" a general price range for Class C motorhomes and small travel trailers is $900 - $1400 and for Diesel pushers, Class A motorhomes and fifth wheels the range for a "kit" is $1200 - $1900. A complete project including all removal and installation labor will generally range $2200 - $2800."

Your number was in the right range.
Dadd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago