Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Oven Control and LED Lighting ?'s 30T XL Vista

Need help / advice

I have a 2016 Winnie Vista 30 XL

1. My oven pilot light won't stay lit. The stove / oven is an Atwood. I was told by someone that the oven no longer has a thermocouple.. but has some sort of mercury switch in the oven control? I don't know if this is true.. but.. I could use some advice here.

a. Does it have a thermocouple such as the rest of my past RV's
b. If not, WHAT do I replace? Is it the control on the front of the oven or ???

2. I've only got 6K+ miles on this rig with about 150 hours of living time in it. However, I noticed that the bathroom LED "can" only has a couple of LED's burning. If I tap it hard.. the burning LED's may change a bit.. but not all come on. Also, in the living quarters I have one can that appears to be totally burned out. I'm certainly confused that these should burn out so rapidly.

a. Is there a way to check these critters? There seem to be a couple of tiny phillips screws holding the 'can' to the ceiling and a couple of similarly small screws holding the LED module in the "can"
b. If they are indeed faulty, can anyone provide me with info on where to buy replacements? Is this something I can find on Amazon? or ???

Again, any help appreciated. Thanks all.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Oven - It has something that the flame heats that when hot allows gas to the pilot and allows the main thermostatic valve that provides gas to the burner to operate. I think it's a thermocouple. I have to hold in the oven knob about 20 seconds for the flame to heat the thermocouple enough to where it will generate the current required to operate the control.

The main troubleshooting I would suggest is to make sure the flame is centered over the end of the probe. I you store pots and pans in your oven perhaps something got moved out of position.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light