Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Outdoor Entertainment Center no power

Hello all...

Just bought our first RV, a 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 35 ft. The outdoor stereo has no power. The AC power outlet works but nothing to the radio. Bought this unit used so I don't know the history. Was wondering if this was a common problem and looking for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dennis
DennisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum. The entertainment statement most probably works off of a 12volt fuse.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I agree with your statement, problem is... I don't have a clue where it would be located at. I checked all of the fuses under the dash as well as under the hood. It may simply just be a bad head unit. I am going to attempt to pull it today and see if there is an inline fuse that is actually part of the radio.

Dennis
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I'll move this to the Winnebago forum where hopefully someone can point you to that fuse location.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

On our outdoor radio, it's in a locking drop down door. Inside if you pull the bottom drawers of the cabinet, you see the back side of the radio an the plugs. You should be able to test the connections. Also you should have a 12v fuse panel, other than under the dash, check there too.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I looked and my unit is not set up like that. i need to find a DIN removal tool to release the radio from the sleeve that holds it. Hopefully, there will be a fuse behing it.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I can tell you that on our 2003 Horizon, the installed radio wouldn't stay turned off. Even when they did the walk thru with us, they told us that was a common problem. I removed the radio and pulled the power plug on the back to disable it entirely. I didn't want to run down the batteries. Maybe someone has done the same thing with yours.

Tags
power