Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No power on Bedroom slide (2005 Voyage 36M)

I just purchased a 2005 Voyage 36M as a first RV (mainly to live in while we do a house remodel). When I went to extend the bedroom slide yesterday, nothing happened. No slide motor noises, no LEDs on the slide panel. Nothing.

I'm super new to this, so I wanted to check if there was anything I was missing.

I made sure the parking brake is still on, and that the house batteries had at least 12.6V (I also tried with the generator running). The circuit breaker under the stairs that says "Rear Slideout Ram" is looks good (not tripped)

The living area slide is working fine.

I also released the parking brake to see if the red led on the slide panel would flash. it did not.

The seller has been above board about everything and has is going to take a look at it after the new year (the sale is long done so he doesn't have to do this), but I thought I'd try to see what y'all thought first. Am I missing something simple?

Thanks.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My Class C Minnie Winnie requires the chassis engine to be running to enable slide extension.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks @akeagle. I just went out and re-tried with the engine running. It still didn't work. :(
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Bummer. Well, it was worth a try!
Old 12-26-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Slide

I had same problem with my 2016 Vista 30T. The fix at dealer was one hour. Apparently, there are 2 motors, one on each side of the slide outs. They said each has to turn at same rpm to work. They said they “resynced” the rpms and that was the fix. Hope it isn’t a bad motor, or you will be looking at a real big repair bill. This happened to same slide when still under warranty. Dealer said it would have cost me over a thousand. There are some other Winnebago Groups out there also. Not a bad idea to join a few if you haven’t as I’ve noticed a lot of responses to problems. Good luck to you.
Greyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide, voyage