Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2022, 04:47 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

No longer intimidated by Lippert slides and Jacks

For at least 10 years now I have been intimidated by Lippert Power Gear Slim Racks and Hydraulic jacks on my last 2 WBGO motorhomes- seemingly always living in fear of a major failure while on the road where I could not get help.

Well no longer. Much to my relief Lippert has apparently recently(????- I've not seen this before) posted a whole series of instructive videos on repair and component replacements for many of their products. I had not seen these videos before and my You Tube site says they were posted 12 days ago (????)

Two possible failures that have always haunted me have been the potential failure of my Slim Rack systems on the slides, and the hydraulic jack system. The videos in the You Tube Lippert Technical Gear playlist are wonderful, and easy to follow. I have seen nothing there I would not tackle myself as a "junior gearhead".

I think they might could have done more "in depth" on diagnosis rather than just changing out parts-- but its good stuff.

If you have not seen this resource here is the link. I had not been willing to tackle repairs on my jacks and slides, but now I am. Its a link I will treasure, saved and always have access to as long as i have an internet connection! I hope they post more along these lines.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ICAo7iwjJeeBZq
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:24 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Very nice - many thanks!
Old 11-29-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
Site Team

Great videos. Thanks for the link!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:25 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Great link! I will bookmark it for sure.

You can make yourself crazy reading these forums, but remember, you will only read about the problems, not the many successes.

Is the in-wall slide system well engineered? God, no. But I have many hundreds of slide deployments over seven years, with few problems. Unfortunately, because of this forum, I hold my breath every time I push the "Out" button....

Same with the Lippert jacks.

Happy Camping!
Old 12-04-2022, 10:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you! I have 4 slides on my coach and always worry every time I push the buttons.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

SlimRack repair videos

I have one huge beef with the Lippert SlimRack repair videos.
On the plus side they do show the mechanics & assembly of the system, which is essential.
But the mocked up system is not even close to real-world.
Show me a real motorhome, sitting on a dirt pad!, the slide 90% extended and racked 2" crooked, Oh! and the bottom rear rack gear is kinked.
Now tell me how to access the inboard mounting block screws to which I have zero access.

2020D View
BikesGR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, lippert, slide