Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

No leveling jacks on my 94 Vectra?

Our 94 Winnebago 34' Vectra does not appear to have leveling jacks. The dealer here said he has never seen a Vectra without them, well he hasn't seen mine yet. I DO have Jet air ride and when I start it up and push Automatic it levels on up for the ride. When I turn it off in a day or 2 the rear settles down more on the passenger side than the drivers side. Truly we have has a lot and that is an understatement of rain and the RV is on grass and soil in my back yard. When we use it what is the best way to level it??Wood Blocking? Scissor Jacks? Other? I will have my 50 amp electricity installed this coming Tuesday. I understand that I shouldn't use the Refrigerator unless the unit is level. If I use wood blocks, what size should I use? Do the tandems require blocks under all 4 tires?
Flyflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I made my wood blocks out of 2x8 wood. I made some that were three boards tall and some that were two. If you put your back tires on the blocks you have to put both duels on the blocks. You don't want one tire haning in the air. I am not sure about tandam axles as I only have one axle but the same probably holds true
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
RKL
Winnebago Owner

your vectra either came with airex or HWH jacks, not both..I had HWH and my friend has airex. On his there were no HWH jacks......Rkl
Old 05-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

leveling

I guess tandem was the wrong term, I have one axle with duel wheels. The snall panel below the steering wheel you simply move to manual and then there are 2 switches that say up or down for left or right. Then when you turn everything off, the right rear of the rig creeps down. Also I think I am going to buy the plastic leveling blocks"Lynx Levelers"
Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

You do have a leveling system, call Winnebago and find out how to use it.

Contact Winnebago
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyflicker View Post
I guess tandem was the wrong term, I have one axle with duel wheels. The snall panel below the steering wheel you simply move to manual and then there are 2 switches that say up or down for left or right. Then when you turn everything off, the right rear of the rig creeps down. Also I think I am going to buy the plastic leveling blocks"Lynx Levelers"
Hey there flyflicker.
This is how the jet air parking levelers work. first start the rig. When parking first let the air pump start on manual. Raise both right and left. once raised: lower the high side. Make sure to leave the jet air park leveler in manual or the air bags will leave off air.
You vectra should also have the regular jacks. They swing up and down before leveling. There would be a control for them either on the door or on the floor by driver seat.

Stacking leveler blocks work great we also have those and the wedges also.
We have the 94 vectra. Have both levelers and jet air park and ride.
I thought that the levlers came standard on that year vectra. Maybe they got bad over the years and were remove.
sniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:27 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

'94 Vectra Brochure shows the levelers (HWH 4-Point automatic) were an option, not standard.

Is possible the OP doesn't have them.

Previous Model Year Product Information
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Talked with Winnebago yesterday on phone, Levelers were not always used on the Chevy chassis due to weight, jet air is for ride only, use blocks to level and scissor jacks( I have 3 right now but will get a 4th)under the frame to stabilize the coach, not lifting it off the ground, but to keep it from just sitting on the air bags. I got a lot of practicing to do. Everyone's comments have been very helpful
Old 05-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I've often wondered if when using the plastic leveling blocks on ground and not pavement if they hold onto a lot of dirt and grass when done and putting them away. I use wood blocks when needed and though dirt does sometimes stick to them they are easy to clean off just by scraping them against each other since they have smooth surfaces. The plastic ones I've seen don't and have all sorts of areas for dirt to get packed into and stick. Can any users of the plastic stacking blocks let us know their experiences with them?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
I've often wondered if when using the plastic leveling blocks on ground and not pavement if they hold onto a lot of dirt and grass when done and putting them away. I use wood blocks when needed and though dirt does sometimes stick to them they are easy to clean off just by scraping them against each other since they have smooth surfaces. The plastic ones I've seen don't and have all sorts of areas for dirt to get packed into and stick. Can any users of the plastic stacking blocks let us know their experiences with them?
we have used the plastic stacking blocks for many years. Matter of fact have more than one set. They are great and as for the grooves and spaces on the bottom that helps to hold the blocks in place so they do not slide around. They are easy to clean off just by tapping together. Before putting in their carry bag. If any dirt remains we just rinse them clean. Plus they weight less than the wood. The levels lock in place so they make into a ramp if needed.
We also have the large pads that go under the jacks.
The don't mold or rot.
There is my 2 cent.
sniggles... 2 old folks and 3 little dogs
sniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #11

We had A 1993 34 foot Vectra; On the chev P32 chassic . That Frame was not strong enough for the added weight; Even when the air was out of the bags it still bounced and was not a ferm (jack) type setting; That is why that system altho a fabulas ride was dis continued;; AS not favorable. it had to much side to side road movement when driving in strong side winds. plus the compressors/solenoids were placed behind the rear duel and were prone to Yearly failer. When used in snow/rainy conditions. LIfe is good.
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote