Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Newbie with issue!

Help! At campground, third time out with our Micro Minnie 2108DS trailer. We disconnected from shore power and could get no power from our batteries. Power jack works. Plugged back into shore power and now no power to slide out but everything else works. What is going on?! Everything worked fine yesterday....
AliChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Though I'm not familiar with your trailer IMHO it sounds like a relay is hanging up or you have issues with the Power Distribution System (PDS) or Electrical Management Systems (EMS) for your RV. Again not that familiar with Trailer setups anymore since changing to a CLASS A some time ago but I'm sure it's similar. Just a quick rundown on what I know perhaps others will chime in and provide some more detail help but when you plug into shore power you usually hear a Clunk which is the relays switching to shore power, this so call clunk will be heard again when disconnecting from shore power. Your Battery supplies 12volts to systems in your trailer that run only on 12v. like maybe your 3 way frig. lights, slides for some etc. when you plug into shore power the 110volts is sent to the PDS which will send some to an convertor/inverter that will change 110v to 12 v to power those same 12v items. while the rest is used as standard 110v, AC, plugs, microwave and other 110v. items. Again not sure but I think your unit has a battery disconnect which is used when you want to shut power of to the TT when storing to preserve the battery. Is that on or off when you plugging it into shore power? It should be on this will allow the battery to be charged while running off of shore power. Have you checked all the fuses to see if any have tripped or blown? You said when you plug back into shore power everything works but the jacks, does that mean the slide is working? Again check fuses would be the first order of business then let us know if you find anything. BTW have you unplugged and plugged back into shore power? If not check fuses first. Thanks
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I would check fuses and breakers. Also make sure neither your batteries nor the camp power is reverse polarity (although I would hope that the inverter/charger system could handle reverse polarity).

Most the fuses probably have a light above them that will light up if the fuse is blown, but I don't believe that's true for the two large (40 amp???) fuses that are slightly separated from the others. Those are sort of main fuses.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I really need to take a picture of my fuse and breaker box. The manuals are useless.

To the OP, I would recommend always taking a multi-meter with you. I just bought a second one this week so I can leave it in the trailer and not forget it at home. A cheap one is only $15 or so.

Tags