Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Greetings from South Dakota! DW and I purchased our first camper 2 weeks ago, a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J. Because there seems to be a number of 35J owners on this forum, I'll be following it and posting my question here. I just wanted to say "thank you" in advance for your helpful input.

dakotabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Greetings from South Dakota! DW and I purchased our first camper 2 weeks ago, a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J. Because there seems to be a number of 35J owners on this forum, I'll be following it and posting my question here. I just wanted to say "thank you" in advance for your helpful input.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:48 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new rig! These 35J's are becoming the really popular model now! Come here often!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your new purchase! And welcome to this forum. Here's wishing you many years of safe and fun RV'ing.

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum . Yes, there are a number of folks here with rigs like yours. Enjoy every mile and come back often and share your experiences with us.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

She's a beaut!!

Welcome!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hey Todd, welcome to the forum glad you decided to come over and check things out. There are a bunch of us 35J owners here now.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and congrat's on the new motor home! We just bought a new 38T. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours and much as we do ours!
retired2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Greetings from South Dakota! DW and I purchased our first camper 2 weeks ago, a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J. Because there seems to be a number of 35J owners on this forum, I'll be following it and posting my question here. I just wanted to say "thank you" in advance for your helpful input. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Welcome to the board Tell us about yourself and who you camp with...

I think we almost have enough now for a Sightseer 35J rally </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Wow!! Thank you all for being so welcoming!

We're both in our mid 30's. I'm a stay-at-home dad, our children are ages 1 and 2 and DW is a physician who specializes in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Disorders. We recently relocated from Ohio to South Dakota and hope to use our new Winnebago for weekend excursions throughout the region. As far as who we're camping with...I guess I'd have to say, "anybody who wants to come".
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dakotabuckeye:
Wow!! Thank you all for being so welcoming!

We're both in our mid 30's. I'm a stay-at-home dad, our children are ages 1 and 2 and DW is a physician who specializes in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Disorders. We recently relocated from Ohio to South Dakota and hope to use our new Winnebago for weekend excursions throughout the region. As far as who we're camping with...I guess I'd have to say, "anybody who wants to come". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting the variety of folks on our forum and in the RV world. I am a former respiratory therapist turned hospital administrator. One of my areas of responsibility is our sleep center. We've recently hired two triple-boarded docs (pulmonary/critical care/sleep) to expand our sleep services and work as hosptial intensivists. Maybe we will see you on the road sometime, somewhere.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Now thats a nice picture, Tood. WELCOME! South Dakota is on my list to see some day.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow!! Thank you all for being so welcoming!

We're both in our mid 30's. I'm a stay-at-home dad, our children are ages 1 and 2 and DW is a physician who specializes in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Disorders. We recently relocated from Ohio to South Dakota and hope to use our new Winnebago for weekend excursions throughout the region. As far as who we're camping with...I guess I'd have to say, "anybody who wants to come". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Always nice to see other people with kids on these boards. Mine are a bit older...13,almost 11 and 6. We will be Rafter J campground near Mount Rushmore for a week over the 4th of July. I've never been to that part of the country and we are very much looking forward to it.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Welcome aboard! Nice choice! Have a great summer and keep us all posted on how you like your new Winnebago motorhome.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

[/QUOTE]

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Always nice to see other people with kids on these boards. Mine are a bit older...13,almost 11 and 6. We will be Rafter J campground near Mount Rushmore for a week over the 4th of July. I've never been to that part of the country and we are very much looking forward to it.</span>[/QUOTE]

Wow, sometimes I feel ancient. My grandkids are that age. Time flies and before you know it, so do they.

Welcome and it's great to see families getting involved in such a soul uniting hobby as RV'ing. The time we invest with our kids is pure parenthood at it's best.

You will find a wealth in knoweledge and good people on this site.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote