Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New & first 96 Winnie owner. Issues with finding gas tank replacement

Hello everyone

I currently bought 1996 Winnie Vectra (Ford Chassis) 36 ft. I took it in for an inspection and the Mechanic suggested a new gas tank and straps. I have searched online, retail stores, and even custom shops. They all say if you can find the gas tank we can put it in. Issue is I can’t find this dang thing anywhere.

The part number we got for one place (not sure if it’s right) is part# e9rz9002b 75gals.

If more info is needed please let me know. Thank you for your help. And I’m sure I’ll have more questions In the future
Brockstanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
google 'RV Salvage Yards'. big one i know of is https://www.colawrvsalvage.com outside Carthage, MO (SW MO).

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:16 PM   #3
4gone

Being a ford chassis, the tank and straps should be Ford items. I got the straps for my 97 Holiday Rambler through a local Ford dealer. 75 gallon tank, F-53.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you but....

Thank you for your responses. I called that salvage yard and they currently don’t have any. I check an RV place in AZ and I’m waiting on hearing back. I called another salvage years in NC and they said if it can be repaired take it to a radiator shop. As for Ford. They told me they couldn’t get it.
Brockstanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

You can give this place a call:

https://www.fueltankparts.com/ford-f...inum-tank.html

Pricey but it may work.
BirchyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 11:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockstanggt View Post
Thank you for your responses. I called that salvage yard and they currently don’t have any. I check an RV place in AZ and I’m waiting on hearing back. I called another salvage years in NC and they said if it can be repaired take it to a radiator shop. As for Ford. They told me they couldn’t get it.

Try calling Winnebago's Support line or contact Lichtsinn RV who is only about a mile from Winnebago and a good resource for assistance in locating things. Even when it was not practical for me to purchase directly from them they were helpful in steering me in the right direction.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/contact-us

Tags
ace, gas, replace, replacement, tank