Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need help with Winterizing

Hi All
I have a few questions regarding winterizing that I hope some of you can help with.

I have a 2018 32ye
I followed the manual and did option 2 using RV Antifreeze.
#1 My first question is , after draining the fresh water tank , I still can see some water in the tank when I hold a flashlight up against the tank in the basement. The drain line is actually 1/2" above the bottom of the tank so I don't think it will drain completely. Is there a way of putting antifreeze in the tank?

#2 How do I ensure there is no water in the icemaker line? I removed the filter under the sink , will that line gravity drain ? Also , any tips to get the water out of the icemaker itself???

#3 I removed the drain plug from the hot water tank and drained the water out , there appeared to be quite a bit of what looked to me like calcium build up flowing out. The anode is pretty corroded already and I will replace it now.
Should I fresh water flush the tank ? It just seemed to have a lot of crap in there...

Thank you in advance for any help
UT
UrbanTarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
1- if your coach has a gravity fill you could add the pink stuff thst way. or use a hand pump hooked to a faucet and pump pink stuff into the tank. but you likely have nothing to worry about. leave the drain open if you DON'T add pink stuff.

2- power up the fridge and icemaker until the icemaker makes pink sludge.

3- now or in the spring...dealer's choice

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help, winter