Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
need help removing TV

i have a 1996 36ft winnebago adventure and above the driver and passenger seats is a older tv not a flate screen tv but i think is a 27inch tv but i dont know how to take it out or where the screws or bolts are except the two bolts on each side but it doesnt look like thats the way you take it out and i want to take the tv out but want to here from others that know how to take the tv out so i can put a flate screen tv in later right now i want to put my 13inch tv in the spot because im first getting a 13 inch flat screen tv for my bedroom so can some one please help ive looked and looked and not sure where to start to take the tv out

thank you mark
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

If your in my neck of the woods, I would be glad to help.....where are you located?
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Is there a small cabinet to the right of the tv? If so the left inside panel hace four small screws holding it. Once the panel is removed you can get to the strap. The strap is in two pieces. Remove the bolt that is about six inches up the strap. My strap was stuck to the tv, not sure if it was glue or time, but it was stuck across the top.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by japple View Post
Is there a small cabinet to the right of the tv? If so the left inside panel hace four small screws holding it. Once the panel is removed you can get to the strap. The strap is in two pieces. Remove the bolt that is about six inches up the strap. My strap was stuck to the tv, not sure if it was glue or time, but it was stuck across the top.
x2 Most of the ones I have seen are setup this way. I did see one with clips once but that is mostly for flat screens.
gajd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

On mine it was simple;

1. Remove the 4 screws that hold the wooden face frame on. They may have wood plugs covering the screws so you may need to pry the plugs out to get to the screws. Once you remove the 4 screws the face frame should come off.

2. Un-tighten the 2 nuts for the top hold down strap. You should be able to get to them from inside of each side cabinet.

3. Remove the TV. It is heavy so you my want to have some help as you may have to get it out part way and then disconnect the cable connections.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to markwho40 Send a message via Yahoo to markwho40 Send a message via Skype™ to markwho40
Quote:
Originally Posted by corjaguar View Post
If your in my neck of the woods, I would be glad to help.....where are you located?
i am in south beach oregon before the bridge to newport oregon
markwho40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Alan has it exactly, I did the same but would really watch the weight (about 50 lb) I then made a new frame out of slotted angle bolted to the original side frame, sorry forgot to take pics. I will finish flat screen install April and will take some pics then.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link that helped me a lot... also a link to a video that was helpful, too...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/tv-removal-121532.html

I hope they help you. I used plexiglass as my frame. It looks okay, but I'm going redo it now that I've made every mistake in the book.

Scott