Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2022, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Need Cleaning Advice

Hello,

I am looking to start a full cleaning regimen for my new Micro Minnie 2306bhs. I regularly wax my vehicles and know starting right away will make keeping it clean for years to come that much easier. However, I am new to campers and don't know where to start. Can anyone share their cleaning tools, product, and schedules? Here is what I specifically want to know:
What do you use to clean the rubber roof? Do you also use a sealant?
What do you use to clean the fiberglass body? Do you use wax?
What do you use to clean the front cap? Do you use wax?

Thanks and let me know if I missed a forum that already covers this topic for the Micro Minnies!
Old 06-22-2022, 09:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Stand by! You are guaranteed to get a raft of disparate responses to this question!

Our rig is about 15 years young now and still shiny, leak and weird noise free. We are part timers - 2 or 3 months in the Spring, then 2 or 3 months in the fall. You just have to give it a little of your free time. We (me!) wash ours at least once a month. Usually with whatever baby shampoo is cheap. (tip if you buy a new Lexus. Salesman at Mercedes told us the same thing) It is Ph balanced and doesn't strip your wax. And cheap! About every 3rd or 4th time we use Gelcoat RV Wash n Wax. IMHO hits the quality and price point curve just right.

We've tried whatever wax people say is gee whiz, but honestly, McGuires or Turtlewax or Chemical Guys, I don't see the difference to justify the up charge. The ceramics seem to have staying power and look really good, but are expensive and finicky to apply. You could say our rig is constantly being waxed. Over a period of time, I'll wax the front cap. Maybe the next campground/park I'll hit the after cap. Then half of one side. Then the other half - you get the idea. But, I try to get all the way around twice a year. No, it doesn't show where you start and stop.

Our roof is fiberglas rather than your rubber so will not opine on that except to say, There is no perfect roof.

Fair Winds and Following Seas.
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:27 AM   #3
Site Team

I have the coach professional waxed once a year when we are in Tucson for the month. Then the rest of the year I wash the coach with a Meguires Wash/Wax product. And then I “wax” the motorhome with “WashWax All” once or twice a year (usually once). It’s a product made for airplanes but is popular for RVs.

For the roof it’s most important to wash it. I use the same Meguires wash with some wax in it and then spray 303 Protectorant because it has some UV blocking built in it.

The more your take care of your RV the better. Just don’t neglect it.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

There are tons of threads on this topic. Here's a link to a couple of current threads on Winnieowners and IRV2.com, a Winnieowners sister site:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3920578

Note: There's nothing unique about your Micro Minnie in terms of this topic. Unfortunately,

(posts 9 and 11 in the above were particularly interesting to me)

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/how...sh-584233.html

Unfortunately, neither has advice for your rubber roof. IRV2.com is probably the best place to search for applicable threads since rubber roofs are only found on Winnebago towables while they are common on non-Winnebago motorhomes.

On both IRV2.com and Winnieowners, use the "Powered by Google" search block above the toolbar. It's much better than the search function in the toolbar or the "Search this Forum" button.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice