Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion Slideout

I have a 2014 Navion 24J that I bought new in 2015 . The slide out has 2 motors and one is not working , so one side will start to extend a couple of inches then stop because the other motor is not working. I checked the slide out controller and it gives mixed signals , 1 green & 8 red , or 1 red & 8 green . the warantee is expired . I would appriecieate any insight on this and if I have to bring it to the dealer any guess on what it would cost to replace the motor.
Thanks John
johnff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi John! Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Sorry I can't help with your questions! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi John

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:06 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnff View Post
I have a 2014 Navion 24J that I bought new in 2015 . The slide out has 2 motors and one is not working , so one side will start to extend a couple of inches then stop because the other motor is not working. I checked the slide out controller and it gives mixed signals , 1 green & 8 red , or 1 red & 8 green . the warantee is expired . I would appriecieate any insight on this and if I have to bring it to the dealer any guess on what it would cost to replace the motor.
Thanks John

mine was 3 weeks old when the same thing happened. Check to see if they will fix for free since there was so many issues with the motors, etc.

If not the repair should cost you under $500 or so depending if the harness, controller or motor is bad. Mine turned out to be just the motor. I think the motor was around $150 and a few hours labor.

Take it to someone who has done it before so your not paying for them to experiment.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Hi John

:welcome:

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
Thanks , we spent a lot of summer vacations at the Aztec Motel at Seaside Heights NJ
Old 06-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
mine was 3 weeks old when the same thing happened. Check to see if they will fix for free since there was so many issues with the motors, etc.

If not the repair should cost you under $500 or so depending if the harness, controller or motor is bad. Mine turned out to be just the motor. I think the motor was around $150 and a few hours labor.

Take it to someone who has done it before so your not paying for them to experiment.
Thanks for the advise Winnebago did cover it . The slide cut the wire and they had to replace the motor ,saved $ 500
Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Always nice to have things working again and Winnebago doing the right thing!

Tags
slide, slideout