Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Have a rattle that is excited by the least little bump. Have emptied all the compartments but still rattles.
Have inspected the chassis for any loose items and found nothing. Have had friends ride with me to try and localize. No luck. Have spoke to the Winnebago techs for there guidance. Still have not found the culprit. Don`t know if it is a chassis or coach problem. Any thoughts. Thank you.
02 Journey DL, Tracker Tote
Moving on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Have a rattle that is excited by the least little bump. Have emptied all the compartments but still rattles.
Have inspected the chassis for any loose items and found nothing. Have had friends ride with me to try and localize. No luck. Have spoke to the Winnebago techs for there guidance. Still have not found the culprit. Don`t know if it is a chassis or coach problem. Any thoughts. Thank you.
02 Journey DL, Tracker Tote
Old 10-30-2005, 06:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Could be the HWH jacks. I had the same problem and had to have some padding installed to keep the jacks from clanging when they were retracted.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Check for loose heat shields under the chassis that Winnebago installs up against the floor. I had a similar rattle and found a heat shield had broken welds and was very loose. The dealer welded it in place and the rattle went away.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Moving On - we had a rattle we couldn't find, until one day we were driving, the rattle appeared, the wife pushed on the TV, the rattle would come and go, but when she pushed up on TV while she heard the rattle it stopped. I place a rag under it until I could provide a more permenant fix. Haven't had problem since the fix.

USAF Retired
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I had one in my Brave and it turned out to be in the front, passenger side, compartment. In the compartment is the Hot Water heater and the water pump. Also just a small section for storage because also in the compartment is the winch for manually cranking in the living room slide. Well the mount bracket that held the winch had only the bottom two screws holding it in place but if you looked at it, it looked ok. The missing top 2 screws allowed the bracket about an 1/8 inch play that rubbed on the metal framing. So going down the road you would hear a squeak. I was in the compartment, which is rare because it is so small I don't keep much in it and don't go in it often, and bumped the winch and recognized the squeak. Put screws in the top corners and the squeak is gone.

Good Luck with yours,

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Had a rattle we traced to stove oven wire rack. It was not locked in place.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the responses.
I have since been able to find the general area of the rattle. It is about a foot back from the front seats in the floor. You can feel it. Have talked to Winnebago techs. Could be the slid mechanism or front suspension !! Guess I will take it to the factory since they can work on both the chassis and coach.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Took it to Forest City. They found the rattle. The shock absorber bolts were not tight enough. They tightened and rattle was gone. They also adjusted the front slide. All work done under waranty. Was a good experience.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:08 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We too have a rattle that is coming from somewhere around the bathroom area when we are driving. If my wife goes back and opens the bathroom door it is much louder. It is a metal to metal type sound. We found that the brakelines were loose enough to hit each other so they were wrapped and tied down so they couldn't hit each other.

That didn't help so a dealer found the baffles that apparently protect the mufflers were hitting the mufflers. These are welded on and he couldn't fix. Said to take it back to original dealer. We did and he said we would have to take to a Workhorse dealer. Haven't been able to do that yet.