Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2021, 06:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My vinyl trim channel has no lip

The vinyl trim insert over one of my rear exterior wall screw strips is loose.

Following advice elsewhere on this forum, I measured the insert and I was about to order a roll of the Camco product. While I was measuring the loose vinyl, I noticed that the channel that it fits in had no lip. There is literally no inside edge to tuck the trim under. My previous camper was a Jayco, and it had a lip to catch the trim. I believe the vinyl was glued into the channel on my Winnebago.

Is there a recommended adhesive for this, or am I misunderstanding how this works?

Reference:

Old 06-22-2021, 06:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

anyone?

Perhaps this is a dealer/manufacturer question.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Here is how I solved this problem.

I used "3M Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, Yellow" from the local auto parts store.

Good news: It has held well for several weeks prior to and during a 400 mile trip. I also used it to glue down some rubber seals in my battery compartment access.

Bad news: I put a wee bit too much on and got some on my paint. Nothing seems to take it off.