Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2006, 11:05 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I bent my big mudflap and straightened it by taking it off, laying it in the grass on a reasonably hard lawn with the ends touching the ground and bow in the middle up in the air. I took a plastic tarp and doubled it two or three times then slowly rolled over it lengthwise with my Jeep. Good as new except for one little spot where there must have been a small rock I didn't pick up. Sure beats spending $450 and after all, it's catching mud and crud.

I also mounted an eye bolt in the bottom of the flap. I then made up a hook with a handle on it to pull the flap up and I hook the handle to the hitch safety chain loop. It holds the flap up if the ground isn't level and it looks like the flap might hit the ground when I dump the air to put the jacks down.

A 2 X 4 is just about the right height to hold the mud flap when dropping or raising it. I just couldn't convince my wife that it would be cool for her to lay down there and help me. I guess the side benefit of her refusal was I got the job done without close supervision.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I had the mod. to the mudflap done at dealer as warranty/recall job. I noticed they also cut a 1/2 round notch at the top to clear the exhaust pipe. It had already recieved a small dent from coming down on the flap when dumping air/leveling. Have also thought about installing an eyebolt & using a hook to be sure it is out of harms way when setting up, just have not got around to it yet, thanks for the reminder CHIPPYSGT.