Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2005 voyager. Last winter, while in storage, the microwave display only shows part of the numbers. The microwave works, but not the display. Of corse when we relized it the warranty was over. I called sharp, there was no recall, however, when looking for the model number, I also found out the microware was built in 2003. The man at sharp questioned me as when this microwave was purchased. We bought the RV new March 2005. Anyone else have this problem?
plumr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2005 voyager. Last winter, while in storage, the microwave display only shows part of the numbers. The microwave works, but not the display. Of corse when we relized it the warranty was over. I called sharp, there was no recall, however, when looking for the model number, I also found out the microware was built in 2003. The man at sharp questioned me as when this microwave was purchased. We bought the RV new March 2005. Anyone else have this problem?
plumr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:43 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

plumr1, I just did an advanced search for "Sharp Microwave" in the Winnebago forum for the past two years and got a lot of hits... Try looking here:
Sharp Microwave
Old 06-06-2006, 02:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Plumr1, go to http://www.microwavedisplay.com/

They will repair your display in quick order! Mine displayed the same problem as yours, and they fixed in just a few days. Their web site will answer all your questions.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Just removed my display to be sent to microwavedisplay.com yesterday.

I had a question regarding my display after I dropped it off at the post office, so I emailed them.

Had an email back in about an hour, and it was close to midnight!

Looking forward to having our display working again. I'm confident they'll have and fixed and back to me.

Just wanted to bump this up. Happy customer so far.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

If any readers are thinking of sending their malfunctioning display to microwavedisplay.com for repair, please contact me...

troth
Old 09-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Does the microwave have to be pulled from the coach in order to remove the display? My Sharp microwave currently is having another problem in which the oven will have to be removed so was wondering if the display should be looked at during this repair. Or if its just as easy to wait till the display actually goes south.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My advice to you is to roll up your shirt sleeves and remove the unit from your coach. You don't want to send the display to "microwavedisplay.com". I'm not sure what other 'oven problem' you have with it, but if you can get it fixed under warranty, go for it... It's likely your repairs by an authorized service center will be $150 or so... I would seriously consider looking at other microwaves in the store. You want a 30" (wide) model. No they're not real cheap, but a decent one will be about $250 or so. Try Sears, or K-Mart, or even Wal Mart. There's lotsa good brands; I'd recommend Panasonic or Amana; a few Kenmores were good. By having the unit out of the coach, you'll be able to see how it was mounted and whether or not it was hooked up to the outside vent duct on your coach (some were, some weren't). The units are not that hard to remove. You'll need to pry up the 'floor' of the overhead cabinet to get to the mounting bolts. Not a big deal at all. Just take your time and do it cleanly.
Installing a new replacemnt nuke is a breeze. Be sure to buy one that is vented to go outside the coach if your vent is set up that way.