Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2023, 02:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie 2100BH drain valve won't close

Hello,

I have a 2019 Micro Minnie 2100BH that recently started showing a problem where water leaks out of the gray/black tank drain pipe when both of the valves are completely shut (at least they appear that way from the position of the valve handles).

Note that before this started happening the black tank valve was VERY hard to move - either open or closed. I tried multiple things including valve lubrication that may have helped a bit but not very much.

Looking underneath my trailer, I do not see an exposed valve mechanism. I am guessing the valve handles are attached to long metal cables that actuate the gray and black tank valves up somewhere that is covered by the material covering the tank underbelly.

Any ideas for me to fix this myself? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Let me know if picture of the underside of my camper would help to add to this post.

Thanks,
Brian
bricrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 04:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not familiar with the drain layout of the trailer and online drawings are not there for trailer group, so this has to be something closer to theory than actual knowledge?

I would first want to gain some more ideas of what the problem might be. First I would want to sort the problem down to whether it is one tank or both and then begin to look at what is happening.
To sort which and how many, I would connect to water and add a good amount of water in first one then the other with the valves closed. Do you get much the same leaking from each?
That would seem to indicate needing more work or repair than if only one is leaking.

Then a big question comes up. How far is it from the outlet end to these valves? Is it practical to try to spot the problem by going in at the outer end of the drain pipe to get a look at the valve insides by using a long scope/camera on a ther to a smart phone?
If working a short distance, this might be easier than if a long space to work past.

Maybe something as cheap as this for one time use?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/39318155286...Bk9SR_yItrSHYg

This would let you look for problems like junk stuck in the groove where the valve should slide into and make a good seal, hunks of the slide broken or damage? It might also let you judge if the cables are working like they should making them the problem rather than the valves.

Getting that info would then drive the decision of going for replacement of one or more valves or possibly working to get some debris cleared to let a good valve close fully!

I would want to get more info as it may be as simple as part of a plastic shipping strap has finally drifted out of the tank to get hung in the valve. If you can find it and reach it, possible a stiff wire can flip it out???
Lots of hope and prayers with that but I like to dream first, work second!!

Just the way I would go!

And pictures are always nice for getting a better idea of what you may have so they would be welcome to most folks.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 05:43 PM   #3
Site Team

First get one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-.../dp/B000BGHYJS

It attaches to your outside hose connection and provides a gate valve you can close.

There are long bowden cables up under the coroplast bottom fabric that operate the valves. They have to have a secure sheath attachment at the end so the cable inside can open and close the hidden valve.

You can fix this yourself if you are DIY savvy. But you have to cut away the coroplast and find the valves. If the valves are blocked you'll need to clear any blockage. And you may have to replace the bowden cables if they have been kinked.

I had a TT once that had this issue and I hired it out. But it's not a terribly difficult job.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51O-0TtARCS._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	186042