Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Manual Slide

I am being to cautious. But I am looking to find out and learn how do I manually retract and slide out the slides on my 2016 Itasca Ellipse 42QD? I would rather know how to do it before I am forced to do the manual process. Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Freebird1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Which one? The full wall silde or the kitchen/bedroom? I think in 2016 they were still different slide mechanisms.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The full wall slide is Power Glide mechanisms in it`s self would be the most difficult to manually retract. The others would have their own proper way to retract or even slide out. I was looking for a you tube or any step by step procedure.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

2016 was a transition for Winnebago away from the Shwinteck slide mechanism. If the 7th digit in your serial number is 1, you were early 2016 with a Schwinteck kitchen and bedroom.

If the 7th digit in your serial number is 2, you were late 2016 and have power gear in wall slide for the kitchen (right front), and Power Gear underfloor for the bedroom (right rear). I don't see a video for those and Winnebago used a separate instruction in the manual set, as referred to in the owner manual.

The full wall slide (left) has always been an underfloor Power Gear system. Those require disconnecting the motor at both outside rails and using a 3/4 socket and ratchet to bring in each side little bits at at time to keep it even. In the pic (looking up from the ground), it is to the left of the motor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	169262  
Old 02-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thank you so much Meridian42e for the awesome information. Could I find the last diagram (under floor) on the Lippert University web site?
Old 02-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Actually that came from the Winnebagoind.com page under "Resources" - "Parts Catalog - Motorized". You have to use Internet Explorer, but you get a page that shows you some links to download some viewers. Once you have the viewers loaded, select the year, select the model, and you can even select the serial number of your coach, and you will have access to full 3D drawings of your coach you can wander through, zoom in, flip, rotate, etc. The purpose for it is you click on a part and the part number comes up, but I use it to figure out how these are put together (hidden brackets, hoses, etc.)

It is a great feature. Here is a shot of your Aquahot system:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 6.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	169263  

Tags
manual, slide