Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #81
Winnebago Master

You need them on both axles to get the most benefit. I disagree with Freightliner's assessment. In fact, the Freightliner benefits greatly from the addition of MCU's on both axles, at all 4 corners. Just ask the owners who have them. I'm one of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #82
Winnebago Master

Listen to Pusherman. I would seriously disagree with Mike Cody. The MCU's on all four corners of my XC chassis made a pretty remarkable difference in how the coach handles in turns, freeway ramps, and in-out of driveways. I still say these boxes are going to get pushed around by the wind not matter what we do with them. I have the Safe-T-Plus, a Supersteer bell crank, Koni FSD shocks, and the MCU's and if there is a stiff cross wind, I will feel it. Traveling from Mitchell to Rapid City, SD in very strong winds blowing across I-90 in the early afternoon 3 years ago was no fun, regardless of anything I have on the coach. However, it was blowing semi's all over the road too.

I believe the only class A's coaches that are fairly 'wind-resistant' are those with tag axles.

Drive with full fuel and fresh water tanks in windy conditions....the beast handles better with a full belly.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #83
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I don't see much of a difference when driving down the road with MCUs installed. They make a huge difference when slowly maneuvering into driveways and around corners. Instead of the cabinets emptying themselves onto the floor, the doors stay closed and the rocking is minor.

Freightliner should make them standard equipment on air suspension chassis.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #84
Winnebago Camper

40J

Been driving the 40J UA for two years with the Freihtliner never any real problems with the wind but use two hands on the wheel over the grape vine a couple of weeks ago blowing around 40 mph.
tbethurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #85
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
I don't see much of a difference when driving down the road with MCUs installed. They make a huge difference when slowly maneuvering into driveways and around corners. Instead of the cabinets emptying themselves onto the floor, the doors stay closed and the rocking is minor.

Freightliner should make them standard equipment on air suspension chassis.
About the MCU's. Do you put one on each air bag, lf;rf;lr;rr, or one for each axle?
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #86
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Because View Post
About the MCU's. Do you put one on each air bag, lf;rf;lr;rr, or one for each axle?
One mcu for each air bag. Four for a Freightliner XC. The air line is cut cleanly within about 6" of where it enters the bag. Insert the mcu and you are done. It takes minutes to do the front and a bit longer for the rears just because it is a bit more difficult to get to the rear bags (unless you are a contortionist or have a lift).
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #87
Winnebago Master

They are sold in pairs per axle. Be sure to do both axles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner, winnebago