Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2005, 03:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Anyone got a quick fix for loss of signal from roof dish to router? I know the TV, Disrect box and moveable dish are working, but not from the mounted roof unit???

Thanks, cletusclutch
cletusclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Anyone got a quick fix for loss of signal from roof dish to router? I know the TV, Disrect box and moveable dish are working, but not from the mounted roof unit???

Thanks, cletusclutch
Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check everything!

We were sure the satelite had fallen from the sky till my juior high grandson observed that I had the coax feeds reversed.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Not enough information!! Is the dish locked on to the satelite, which is over Texas!
If so that means your GPS is working, and your antenna has signal.
The last problem I had last Feb. in Fl. the GPS was not talking to the Winegard ant.
and would stop after several min. always looking in a differant direction.
Called Winegard, said to access the intermost working and RESEAT the GPS cable connector.
I did and it came together--- this is a replacement ant. and it is still a @(%^$#@#!
TENN.VOL.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Don't know if this is the same problem we had. Our mh dish was set up for Dish Network, but we have Direct TV. Had to go up on the roof and make an adjustment so it would work w/ Direct TV. Remove the cover on the base of the dish and then remove the cover on the side. There should be 3 dials-these should corespond w/ the transponder on you satelite box. We used transponder 101.

us + 3 active boys + 2 crazy labs + 1 plucky bird
Bob RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanx for info, but the problem appears to be a cable signal loss to the router. i have a moveable Direct TV dish running thru an A/B switch in and out of the router.
There is no input from the roof dish ( manual ), so I hoped someone has experienced this loss of signal???
It worked fine for 18 months and then after a 300 mile day, it quit.

Cletus
'04 Journey - CAT
03 Jeep Liberty
Blue-Ox
Fulltiming
Old 11-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I would run another cable from the dish to the router. Just run it through the window or door. if this works then it will prove your thoughts on the lost signal. It could be a bad LNB. All you can do is keep bipassing differant sections till you isolate the problem.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks about separate cable, I'm gonna try that next. I've already changed the LNB, did't help. I'll keep trying to narrow it down..

Cletus
Old 11-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">cletusclutch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar problem and also replaced the LNB then the cable itself with no joy. Everything worked with the external dish connected, so I really thought the problem was associated with the rooftop dish or associated wiring.
I finally found the A/B switch was bad.
Having never seen a problem with one,that was not what I expected.