Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

I think the most expensive motor is 722005 at $644.95 each. At least for my Vista Lippert in wall slide.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Well it took some fishing around with a coat hanger , long pry bar, some wood blocks and a long screwdriver.. all just using one hand lol but i got the motor wire fished out and reconnected to the control wire and.......
ITS FIXED!!!!! THE SLIDE IS WORKING!!!!

Now i can put the slide out almost all the way and put everything back together with normal tools and with both hands lol
Im going to tape that connection and secure it in a safe location so it doesnt get caught up again and pull apart .

Thank you all for your help and support!

At least now i know how this system works (and doesnt work) , and i have the tools needed to get the job done if it ever happens again.

Im sure i could get this done in a fraction of the time, as most of the time spent was trial and error and truthfully mostly ERROR...
Thank you all again!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210301_101527.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	177579  
UrbanTarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:02 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

I suppose that is a nice compact in wall slide system but has the be the worst system to work on OR there should be some way to always be able to get the slide out so access is at least a 2 handed reach from inside.

yes maybe an 'indoor' job but i would rather have an outdoor job with a bit more room and access from multiple directions if needed - but then NO slide system seems very easy and nice to work on does it ??

Congrats !!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Just peeking behind the rubber of a different slideout .... here is the wire harness pinned between the slide and the motor !!!! Its Only a matter of time before this one gets ripped out too!!!
Gonna check them all and run the wires properly!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210301_112747.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	177580  
Old 03-01-2021, 09:41 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

Congratulations! Excellent work! I’ll have to go check for this issue on mine as well. Thanks for all the information.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:48 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on your fix.

My rear motor, similar to your situation, has the wire harness externally running down a channel piece that clips on the edge of the metal. No where near the gear track. I popped it off to see if I could remove the metal myself, and could not get it back on due to clearance issues (arm shorter than needed, and only 2" of clearance. After that point I dropped it off at the shop. If it had stuck in the open position I could have gotten to the motor easily.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:21 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by setaylor216 View Post
Congratulations on your fix.

My rear motor, similar to your situation, has the wire harness externally running down a channel piece that clips on the edge of the metal. No where near the gear track. I popped it off to see if I could remove the metal myself, and could not get it back on due to clearance issues (arm shorter than needed, and only 2" of clearance. After that point I dropped it off at the shop. If it had stuck in the open position I could have gotten to the motor easily.
The wire from the controller runs under that plastic channel which is easily accessible, however on mine the wire coming from the motor isnt long enough to allow the connector to be placed in that channel.
My solution was this , and easy to do while the slide is operable ..
Open the slide enough to easily reach the motor area
Pull off the plastic track to free the wire
Pull back the rubber and see where your connector is
You want the connector behind the motor , so push it in and behind the motor . You can also access the wire from the outside if need be, to position it.
Gently , so as not to pull it apart , pull the connector towards the top outer corner where the wire goes over the top and into the channel.
You are going to run the wire down the track and make a loop at the bottom where it exists the plastic channel to take up the slack and hold the connector safely behind the motor and in the upper corner.
Snap the plastic channel back on(with the wire behind it) pinning the small loop of excess at the base of the plastic channel.
This seems to work perfectly and is an easy fix without removing anything other than that plastic trim piece.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSimon View Post
I suppose that is a nice compact in wall slide system but has the be the worst system to work on OR there should be some way to always be able to get the slide out so access is at least a 2 handed reach from inside.

yes maybe an 'indoor' job but i would rather have an outdoor job with a bit more room and access from multiple directions if needed - but then NO slide system seems very easy and nice to work on does it ??

Congrats !!
It really is a terrible system as far as fixing it .
There should be a manual crank system to open or close as needed
Old 03-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Glad you got it working. Yes it is a terrible system.
jeepster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #50
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanTarzan View Post
It really is a terrible system as far as fixing it .
There should be a manual crank system to open or close as needed

Unfortunately, with this system you have to remove both motors and use a ratchet wrench to open or close it. I don't think you can even move it with both motors removed, at least not on my super slide due to the weight!
Old 03-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #51
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I took a little time with my snake camera this morning to look around and behind the motor trying to find the best place to try and pry up the motor and looky what i found ...
Im pretty sure wire connectors have to actually BE CONNECTED to work!!!
I have now shifted from trying to pry up and remove the motor to trying to pull the wire connector around to the front so i can plug it back in!
From the first moment i looked behind the rubber , i didnt like how the wires were pinned between the motor and slide and suspected that it was in fact a wire problem and not the motor itself .
Off to make a long wire grabbing tool ...
Looks like you found the problem. Good. Was hoping to see a part number on the motor.
Old 03-02-2021, 06:53 AM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Well it took some fishing around with a coat hanger , long pry bar, some wood blocks and a long screwdriver.. all just using one hand lol but i got the motor wire fished out and reconnected to the control wire and.......
ITS FIXED!!!!! THE SLIDE IS WORKING!!!!

Now i can put the slide out almost all the way and put everything back together with normal tools and with both hands lol
Im going to tape that connection and secure it in a safe location so it doesnt get caught up again and pull apart .

Thank you all for your help and support!

At least now i know how this system works (and doesnt work) , and i have the tools needed to get the job done if it ever happens again.

Im sure i could get this done in a fraction of the time, as most of the time spent was trial and error and truthfully mostly ERROR...
Thank you all again!!
What’s the part numbers for the motor?
Old 03-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #53
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntheroad View Post
What’s the part numbers for the motor?
This is all i was able to see
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210302_092137.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	177591  
Old 03-02-2021, 07:30 AM   #54
Winnebago Master

At the very least, it'd be nice if there was a pre-drilled hole with a plug installed on the outside to enable the motor retention screw to be removed and the motor lifted from the outside with the slide in the travel position. It seems like lots of these slides are tight against an interior wall or other obstruction when in the travel position.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:29 AM   #55
Winnebago Master

FYI, here's something from the November, 2014 Swintek Owner's Manual showing the motor part #s from that time frame.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PastedGraphic-1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	177592  
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, slideout