Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #81

here we go the ends are one left handed the other right , turn extend like a turn buckle install inside between wall and lip of slide and turn to tighten so that slide can not go out one for both ends of slide,better than using the 2by 4.after my complaining to webego they sent these free. They do take care of problem happy camper now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0102152212a.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	82441   Click image for larger version

Name:	0102152213.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	82442  

spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #82
Winnebago Camper

Angry Source for Slide Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanuts View Post
i also had the creep problem after having the motors replaced with the 500 to 1 ratio and kept in contact with wbgo they sent the slide locks out with no coast .they solved the problem and took al the creep out and all the noise.just finished 1500 mile trip and am very happy problem solved.
I found the Slide Locks on Amazon for $39 each plus shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/Slidelock-Sl-1...SIN=B00B2ARGDQ

Of course Winnebago should pay for them, then take Lippert before Judge Judy for a sound lecture on.....well, you get it.
lestortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #83
Winnebago Owner

I was walking the Tampa RV show yesterday and noticed that Winnebago had swapped out the Schwintek slideout mechanism on many of the 2015 coaches.

The odd thing was that most Tiffins now used the Schwintek system on the smaller slides of most of their coaches. I wonder if Tiffin bought them at the Winnebago firesale ???

At least Tiffin colored the rails so they matched better.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #84
Winnebago Camper

Xboater

I wish I knew this 2 months ago.

2015 Itasca Meridian 42E
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #85
Winnebago Owner

I don't know much about the new system Winnebago is using, but the Schwintek rails look a lot studier than the new system. Different does not always mean better, time will tell.

The 2015 did have a few nice enhancements, bigger windows especially, but very happy with mine, not sorry.

Did Flagg get you the slide locks to try.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #86
Winnebago Camper

Schwintek Slideout Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
I was walking the Tampa RV show yesterday and noticed that Winnebago had swapped out the Schwintek slideout mechanism on many of the 2015 coaches.

The odd thing was that most Tiffins now used the Schwintek system on the smaller slides of most of their coaches. I wonder if Tiffin bought them at the Winnebago firesale ???

At least Tiffin colored the rails so they matched better.

By "swapped out" do you mean that Winnebago did a "retrofit" on some 2015 models by replacing the original Schwintek systems with some other mechanism, or just replaced the original 300:1 motors with the 500:1 ratio?
lestortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 11:51 PM   #87
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE with one slide. On my last trip, I started to extend the slide and I heard a noise as if something fell from one of the shelves in the refrigerator. It made the noise twice and the slide stopped approximately one inch from sealing against the wall. When I retracted the slide, it went in without any unusual noises.

Took RV to my dealership for repair. Initially, they told me it just needed to be lubed. I told them the noise it made was not a lube issue. They looked again and now they said they need to order parts. Supposedly they found metal shavings somewhere.

Anyway, Protective (Extended Warranty) approved the repair, so I am only out the deductible. Service advisor said they are ordering $1800 in parts. This may also include a hydraulic line for the leveling jacks. Both systems are Lippert.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #88
Winnebago Camper

We are currently on our second RV ( 1993 Adventurer and 2002 Suncruiser), thinking of getting something a little newer, perhaps DP Journey / Meridian. Been reading about the Lippert / Schentec issues on the newer rigs. Just wondering when Winnebago starting using this system (2012 or 2013?) Sure would like to know which years to avoid, maybe go for a 2010 or 2011?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:00 AM   #89
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifCruiser View Post
We are currently on our second RV ( 1993 Adventurer and 2002 Suncruiser), thinking of getting something a little newer, perhaps DP Journey / Meridian. Been reading about the Lippert / Schentec issues on the newer rigs. Just wondering when Winnebago starting using this system (2012 or 2013?) Sure would like to know which years to avoid, maybe go for a 2010 or 2011?

Not sure when they changed, but my 2011 Winnebago has PowerGear slides and I've had no problems with it.
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #90
Winnebago Owner

Our 2012 Tour has PowerGear slides also. No problems, but we follow the manual. Level, engine running, slides out without any hesitation.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #91
Winnebago Owner

For the Journey, I believe it is the 2013, 2014 and early 2015 models that use Schwintek slide mechanism on some of the slides in different models. They are pretty easy to see the telltale rails attached to the outside of the slide box.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:45 PM   #92
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2013 Meridian and it has the Lippert/Swinteck mechanism. Our daughter-in laws parents have the same coach but it's a 2012 and it has Powerglide.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SAWTELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #93
Winnebago Camper

Hi, Chris & Deb. How are you all making out after the slide mechanism replacement in April? We've had 3 motor failures on 2 slides and multiple other issues (don't believe the motors were upgraded, either). Wonder if we should fight for the total kit replacement on both slides to get past this. Thanks so much for all of the info so far.
mccra003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #94
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
Just got my 2014 back from shop after 9 plus weeks. Large Schwintek slide had to be rebuilt with new rails and motors. Had been installed out of square and using it ruined the mechanism (according to tech). Also the large Power Gear slide under the residential fridge had always made a loud pop at the end of outward travel. Some screws had come loose or had never been properly tightened. All quiet now. Also need the HDMI 4x4 Matrix replaced. They claimed it started working while in the shop and they replaced an internal fuse. Couldn't check it until getting home and running up the dish but it still doesn't work. Am close to just buying a new or used one on eBay or Amazon and reinstalling myself. I guess they could have installed it wrong. No lights at all when taken to shop. Now the power switch lights but none of the other lights work. Also no TV. Ran a HDMI cable direct to lounge TV. Works well that way.
Bev & Keith,
We have the same unit as yours and have had the same probs as yours, plus more. Are you having any more issues on the 2 Lippert/Schwintek slides? We had 3 motor failures (2 in bedroom & 1 on large). Wonder if we should fight for total replacements on both slides. We are having Matrix issues as well that we haven't addressed. Warranty is up but Winn will measure slides to see if alignment is correct. Thanks so much.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #95
Winnebago Owner

I saw a 2016 Winnebago Adventurer the other day and it had the new PowerGear In-Wall Slide System. Not sure if this is an across the board slide mechanism change.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:03 AM   #96
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccra003 View Post
Hi, Chris & Deb. How are you all making out after the slide mechanism replacement in April? We've had 3 motor failures on 2 slides and multiple other issues (don't believe the motors were upgraded, either). Wonder if we should fight for the total kit replacement on both slides to get past this. Thanks so much for all of the info so far.
What model and year coach do you have?

It seemed all quiet, not much mention of issues with the newer in-wall system.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #97
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccra003 View Post
Bev & Keith,
We have the same unit as yours and have had the same probs as yours, plus more. Are you having any more issues on the 2 Lippert/Schwintek slides? We had 3 motor failures (2 in bedroom & 1 on large). Wonder if we should fight for total replacements on both slides. We are having Matrix issues as well that we haven't addressed. Warranty is up but Winn will measure slides to see if alignment is correct. Thanks so much.

So far, so good. When I said the slide wasn't installed square by WBGO, I didn't mean the slide room or the hole for it weren't square. The Lippert rails were not lined up properly. All Lippert parts were replaced "squarely', I hope. For the member that posted about the new 38q having Power Gear in- wall mechanisms....Lippert owns PG. I wonder if they are just "re-branding" the Schwintek stuff as Power Gear because of reputation issues.....

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #98
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise1949 View Post
So far, so good. When I said the slide wasn't installed square by WBGO, I didn't mean the slide room or the hole for it weren't square. The Lippert rails were not lined up properly. All Lippert parts were replaced "squarely', I hope. For the member that posted about the new 38q having Power Gear in- wall mechanisms....Lippert owns PG. I wonder if they are just "re-branding" the Schwintek stuff as Power Gear because of reputation issues.....

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Glad to hear it. We had a new rail system on the kitchen slide (1 motor failure there). Winn said they would look at the bedroom slide, which has
had 2 motor failures (front & back). First one was the 1st time out & the next one was in Feb. Maybe the rail system is the problem there (altho I don't feel totally confident about that). We have had so many probs with our unit (the major ones being the slides) that we're not sure how we feel about the product itself. We do love the floorplan, tho! Good luck with yours.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #99
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBoater View Post
What model and year coach do you have?

It seemed all quiet, not much mention of issues with the newer in-wall system.
We have a 2014 Adventurer 38Q. Two Schwintek slides & 1 Powerglide
(altho they might be Lippert too?). One of the Roadside Assistance guys that came out said the Powerglide system will probably never fail. We love the floorplan in this model but obviously have had major issues. Hope that
you are OK now.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:46 PM   #100
Winnie-Wise

Bev& Keith, Please be assured the Schwintek slide mechanism and the new PowerGear slide mechanism are, indeed, two different systems. They are both "in slide" mechanisms but are very much different. The motors are different, the gears, and the controller's are all different. The Schwintek slide has a large 2 to 21/2 inch aluminum gear attached to the upper and lower part of the slide. The new PowerGear slide mechanism has a 1/2 inch steel gear that is also at the top and bottom of the slide. This gear is not "flat" lie the Schwintek gear. It is "bowed in the middle about a 1/4 inch (I believe to keep pressure on the motor and allow for shifting of the slide). Both are "in the slide" systems as opposed to the "below the slide" mechanism. I think it was last year when Lippert Components acquired PowerGear. I hope this helps.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide