Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling Question

I have the Winnebago Hydraulic leveling system by Kwikee products. It is the manually adjusted type, not the automatic.

As this is a new to me coach, I still have a few questions.

Yeah I know. Rv'n for 30 years, but this is my first motorhome. Still learning
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

StewNTexas,
Not exactly sure of what your question is. You state your system is a manual system and not automatic, correct? That's no big deal if it is manual. Ours is automatic and I use the automatic funtion some of the time and do it manually other parts of the time. It all depends on the conditions of level at the time.

Most guys are not as concerned about certain things on the coach as I am so, they won't take the time to do what I do. And that is, if the coach is fairly unlevel but, we like the spot, I break out the ramps that I keep specifically for thiss purpose. I place the ramps in front or behind the wheels that need that kind of assistance to get preliminary leveling done.

Then I drive onto them and check my level in the fridge. If it's real close, I use the jacks manually to fine tune what's needed to get that rig to darn near dead nuts level. If it's not, I add more wood under the tires and wheels to what I think will be the solution.

Now, if leveling is not your question and, it's how to use them, then I'm not sure I can be of help in that area. I also place blocks under the jack feet when I determine it's necessary. Don't know if any of this helps or not.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My question is WHERE IS THE FLUID STORED.

I want to check the fluid level, but don't know what it is kept in.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewNTexas View Post
My question is WHERE IS THE FLUID STORED.

I want to check the fluid level, but don't know what it is kept in.
The reservoir should be behind the left front wheel well (driver's side). It's difficult to get to from what we've seen on other coaches that have the Kwikee systems and we hear to add fluid, you'll need a turkey baster or something similar. The cap should have a small dip stick that will show the level.

Here's a recent thread on the subject from somebody who has the same coach as you do:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/kwik...ty-138693.html
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

On mine, the hydraulic fluid is reservoir is located behind the left front (drivers side) tire. Bring the jacks up when you check it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs up

I don't have a replay to your statement. I'm new to this website and I'm trying to figure out how to post a question of my own. I posted something on my blog but it is not showing up on this page. Hope someone can help.
Snagweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

When you are in the forum you wish to post in, Like Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum, in the upper left there is a button, New Thread. Click this button and you will be able to present a new thread. Be sure and title it something closely related to your issue so you will get responses on the subject you are posting.

Good Luck,
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you!!
Snagweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling