Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveling jacks

Just bought our first Class A. It is a Winnebago, Sightseer 29R. Unfortunately, it was an as is purchase. We have no power to the power jacks, so we can't get them to lower. Don't even have a lite up switch. Any ideas as to what may be going on or where to check for a power source, before we have to ship it to a repair shop.
hickory19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

check ALL fuses and breakers, even the ones that might not initially seem to have anything to do with the legs or the leveler panel - especially check the BUSS FUSES in the battery or inverter compartment - a yellow flag indicates a tripped Buss Fuse. Push it back in, if so.
49 US States(including ALASKA) & 10 Canadian Provinces
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickory19 View Post
Just bought our first Class A. It is a Winnebago, Sightseer 29R. Unfortunately, it was an as is purchase. We have no power to the power jacks, so we can't get them to lower. Don't even have a lite up switch. Any ideas as to what may be going on or where to check for a power source, before we have to ship it to a repair shop.
The first things to do is to verify that your transmission is in park, and your parking brake is on.
PJStough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Leveling jacks

Ditto for PJS...will not work unless u put on parking break!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

What year and type of jacks? If they are Level Best , Kwikee/ power gear. If the coach battery has ever gone dead the jack control module will have to be reset. Unscrew the control panel on the dash and unplug both plugs. (One is a 4 prong and the other is like 8 or 10). Wait 30 seconds and put it all back together.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Itasca View Post
What year and type of jacks? If they are Level Best , Kwikee/ power gear. If the coach battery has ever gone dead the jack control module will have to be reset. Unscrew the control panel on the dash and unplug both plugs. (One is a 4 prong and the other is like 8 or 10). Wait 30 seconds and put it all back together.
Yes, it is a Level Best, Kwikee/power gear system. We don't know if the coach battery has ever gone dead. We are going assume it has and give your reset procedure a try. Thanks for the info.
hickory19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have the Kwikee manual system. Have had dead batteries and changed out batteries, but have never had to reset anything. Also, an LED will blink when the rig isn't in park or the parking brake isn't set.

Sounds like may be a blown fuse or something in the panel itself if there are no lit LEDs. I'd try to find a wiring diagram and then see if there is 12 volts coming into the panel.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickory19 View Post
I will be super interested in what fixes your issue. I have the same or very similar issue on my 2006 Sightseer 26P. Not lights or response from the panel. Husband checked all fuses, found one blown. Replaced and still nothing. Called Winnebago, they suggested one piece of the wiring harness was bad, replaced for $150. Now we have lots of flashing lights but the jacks remain still. Took it to an RV repair place and they said complete panel replacement for $1400. Haven't gotten a second opinion yet. Please Please let us know if you find a solution. I hope your have better luck.
Rumberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I have a similar problem with my level best too.

I have power to the panel and if i press any button it will make the ggggg noise up and down but never release the jacks down actually jacks dont move
Jacobnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Jacks won't go down.

You said it is a KwiKee system which is now Lippert. Contact them at 866-524-7821. They were very helpful with my jack issues.
TruAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks