Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgcarver View Post
You can go to HWH's web site and download the manual for your system. They have a very complete set of documents with good information. One of the best I have seen. That was where I went and figured out it was the shuttle valve for my unit.

When mine quit, I pulled the shuttle valve, cleaned it and replaced it. It had a broken o-ring but there were two of them, so I just left it off. It worked after that. It happened when I was at Forest City for GNR and HWH had a booth there. Guess what, they had plenty of shuttle valves in stock with them! Bought one and thru it in my tool box. Two weeks later it quit again, so put the new one in. Carried the old one with me for two years and a few months ago one of my friends had the same problem with his Journey. We pulled the shuttle valve and it was broken. Put my old one in and it worked and got him back on the road. Boy, was he happy!
Great advice, now waiting for warm weather.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy S View Post
Our jacks would not retract, called HWH, they said shuttle valve. Could not find one in our area, so was instructed to loosen one of the lines going to the valves, said it didn't make any difference which valve. It worked, was able to get home and order another shuttle valve.
Did you try the T handles first?
Old 12-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

One more thing.....If I release the pressure on the jacks will I still be able to extend the slides? Anyone?
Old 12-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossilhog View Post
One more thing.....If I release the pressure on the jacks will I still be able to extend the slides? Anyone?
Yes you can different manifold for slides.. When My jacks didn't work slides still did. By the way did you check to see if jacks are stuck to the ground. If so they will not come up spring pressure is all that pulls them up
Old 12-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heating man View Post
Yes you can different manifold for slides.. When My jacks didn't work slides still did. By the way did you check to see if jacks are stuck to the ground. If so they will not come up spring pressure is all that pulls them up
No I have the jack pads on 2X10 blocks.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Fossilhog

Yes I tried the T handles, didn't help. The slides worked fine, jacks just would not retract.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy S View Post
Yes I tried the T handles, didn't help. The slides worked fine, jacks just would not retract.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwasouth View Post
Wait till it's warmer then check the circuit board for the HWH System. It is located attached to one end of the pump/solenoid assembly. It is about 10" square and has a plexiglas cover. The cover comes off by removing the rubber seal around the outside (note the direction and how it came off). Inside this panel are several fuses, the glass automotive type. Pull them 1 at a time and check with a meter. Only replace with the same value. Usually printed on the circuit board, is what that fuse activates. On the panel you will see a number of LED's Most should be lighted when operating.
There also is a plug going to this panel, make sure all its connections are good.
I can't find that anywhere........crawled all around.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

The latest

Got a call from Randy at HWH. He had me search out an inline 40 amp fuse between one relay and the pump motor. Found it....entire fuse holder is fried...........
Old 12-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

A second look at this situation reveals most if not all the terminals on the motor and relays are loose, probably the cause.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

Quote:
A second look at this situation reveals most if not all the terminals on the motor and relays are loose, probably the cause.
I do hope this fixes your problem. This is a good lesson to all of us. It just may be time to start hunting down all of the screw type connections and give them a tweak. This includes the service panel.

We had jack retraction problems that turned out to be the shuttle valve. Your problem seems more serious because of the potential of fire or wire damage by heat.

I hope you get on the road soon.

Happy new year and many happy trails.

Rick Y
Old 12-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I do hope this fixes your problem. This is a good lesson to all of us. It just may be time to start hunting down all of the screw type connections and give them a tweak. This includes the service panel.

We had jack retraction problems that turned out to be the shuttle valve. Your problem seems more serious because of the potential of fire or wire damage by heat.

I hope you get on the road soon.

Happy new year and many happy trails.

Rick Y
Thanks Rick but since it's 25 degrees here I'll let this wait till the spring. I had a similar issue with my a/c unit and found loose wires in my transfer box.....go figure. I tighten anything I can see now.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #33
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks Rick but since it's 25 degrees here I'll let this wait till the spring. I had a similar issue with my a/c unit and found loose wires in my transfer box.....go figure. I tighten anything I can see now.
X2. I'm in OR and the temps have been in the 30's lately. I have coach work I want to get to but not in this cold. We are heading south next week. I hope I can catch up with warmer weather. The coach and car need a good washing and wax.

I will start working the connections is sections. I have only 27+K on the rig so the shaking from travel is not great yet. Heat and cold can loosen things up also. So, in any case, checking connections is a good idea.

In our last coach we had a near disaster. One day, after being out for a while, DW smelled something odd when we entered. It was a plastic smell and strongest near the water heater cupboard. What I found was the terminals on the element were loose and the housing had started to melt. I was able to save the element and the coach by simply tightening the screws. I don't recall if I needed to replace the terminal connectors. Knowing me I probably did.

Don't pass up the January thaw! I always looked forward to that when I lived back east. But then you have the February cold blast to look forward to .

Happy New Year and many happy trails.

Rick Y

Tags
jacks, leveling, leveling jacks