Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling jack stabilizers?

Could any of you enlighten me in regards to a bar that I saw that connected the two rear levelers together, and two front leveler jacks together.I saw it on a winnebago this past summer,and have wondered how well it worked,if it was factory set up or a add on.To describe it better,the bar looked about 1" square and had what looked like pipe hangers on each end,which connected to each jack,just above where the shaft drops out of jack.It looked to me like it would really add stability to jacks on a uneven surface.I thought about making a set,but before I do, thought I might inquire how useful or not they are,thanks in advance for any info.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I don't know if they are an add-on or not.. But they work in principal like an JT strong-arm system on a 5er. By making it 4 points it stops swaying. Do they work? They sure do an a 5er. Never though about adding something like that to either of our motor homes. Best of luck finding information, I'm be following this thread.
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

NMRVer,

Thanks for the info,I got to thinking that maybe someone made the setup for their mh, maybe they were former 5-er owners and liked the setup,I have not seen any other mh with them on it.Maybe the winnebago owner that I saw at york beach in maine will see this..........

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 12-28-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

rapid rick, here is the brace on our rear jacks nothing on the front jacks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Jack Stab.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	115148  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jacks

I had the brace between the rear jacks on my Winnebago 36RD. It was factory installed and part of the HWH system. My current Meridian does not have the stiffener on the jacks, but the frame is considerably heavier. Also a HWH system
lwasouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I had to replace one of the front leveler jacks on the front of my MH. So, while under the coach, I had to disconnect that jack. There was a bar, running between the two jacks, with two large 'U' clamps, connected to each leveler, toward the bottom of the outside casing of the jack. Looked like a very stout brace to me.

The replacement was a simple operation, raise jack, remove those 'U' clamps, remove the bolts holding the jack to the frame, carefully lower the jack assembly to the ground, disconnect the hydraulic hose, keeping upright to not lose fluid. Put new jack in its position, hook hydraulic line to new jack, raise into place, put in bolts, and replace 'U' clamps. Run jack several times to flush air bubbles out of system.

Since I have owned the RV since it was new, I can only assume, my model had that as a standard construction feature.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanx everyone for the input,My jacks are powergear and I have noticed slight movement /flex in the jacks when down,so far no issues but I also am a big proponent of the words "overkill,superstrong,beefy,stout",so I was very interested when I saw the braces.At this point ,with the info all of you have supplied me with,I don't see a down side to making 2 braces for my rig,I have tried to think of a possible good reason to have flex and have come up empty.
Looks like maybe different companys have different ideas as to what makes a good solid leveling system,or maybe some just try to save money,although I can't imagine any company doing that.........

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
Old 12-29-2015, 06:19 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have them on ours, HWH levelers. I assumed they were original equipment not add-ons but can't guarantee that.

Tags
leveling